News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What are the chances???

Started by JorgeAmely, June 28, 2010, 10:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JorgeAmely

Did someone buy this phone from eBay recently?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120585395179
( dead link 01-31-22 )

The seller eBay handle is duz493ny

See picture below ...

Well, two years ago, I bought the phone on the second picture, from the SAME seller!!! (as they used to say in an old TV show: Believe it or not)

Jorge

Dan

He may have found some rich ole' vicorian mansion that was color coordinated and they removed all their  moss green phones around the same time.......... I was aware of this auction, but it got too rich for my blood @ the end.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

JorgeAmely

Quote from: Dan on June 28, 2010, 10:44:06 PM
He may have found some rich ole' vicorian mansion that was color coordinated and they removed all their  moss green phones around the same time.......... I was aware of this auction, but it got too rich for my blood @ the end.

Dan:
The magic dust arrived. Once you get a pristine Mediterranean Blue 500 with a mushroom lamp, and a curly gray cord for $40, any other phone over $100 seems excessively pricey!  ;) ;D ;D ;D
Jorge

Jester

I confess--the straight handset cord was too much temptation!! :D :D  It arrived today.
Stephen

JorgeAmely

Stephen:

Someone from the forum showed me the listing last night and mentioned that probably you had won the auction. The picture reminded me of one I bought two years ago. I checked in my photo archives (I save the web pages of everything I buy from ebay) and Bingo! Same seller.  :o :o :o My comment last night was: "So it is true, lightning may hit the same spot twice."

Please, post some pictures. Perhaps we can converse on them when yours is ready.

Jorge

Dan

Congrats Stephen, you have the market cornered now on grey corded moss green 500's! :D
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright