News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Phone Show Loot Southern California

Started by bellsystemproperty, March 10, 2010, 11:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bellsystemproperty

My dad and I went to the phone show on the 6th in Placentia. Jorge I saw you there. I brought back some interesting phones and I'd thought I'd share them.

I like this phone. It's an AE80, but it's different inside than the typical ones. Also the handset cord comes out the back instead of the side. Too bad it has a party line ringer, but I can always put in a normal 20hz ringer.

I haven't seen this network before. The normal ones have a circuit board, but this one is more similar to the 500. It came with the printed schematics if anyone wants me to post them.

Here's a WE design line phone. My dad got this for Palm Springs. It's interesting how the cord retracts like those dog leashes.

Here's one of the AE80's. I have this one connected to my cell phone via the Xlink Bt and with some batteries. Sometimes I bring it to school and everyone is confused as to how it possibly can work, especially since the Xlink actually has dial tone! The AE80's I got were only $3.33 each!

My dad got this one also for Palm Springs, I don't really like it but it was only $2. We rent the house out and the renters don't like to use rotary phones.

This pay phone will need some work, but Rod was very nice and gave it to me. There is a circuit you can put in it so it will actually require money to make a call. I don't see the point in having a payphone if it just acts like a normal phone. You can just have a jar of quarters next to the phone. Or I can become a phone nazi tearing out all the phones and putting only this payphone so that everyone must pay for calls.  ;) ;)

Yes, I know, touch-tone blasphemy! I like the color and once it gets cleaned up it will be nice when I need to use the # key in a phone call.

Here's the other AE80's I got, and I love that blue one. I already had the black one, it was my second rotary phone.

Here's a green one. The dial card is interesting, but the picture is overexposed. It says "California water and telephone company"

Here's a dirty AE key set I got. This was only $2, but I'll need to connect an amphenol cable to it. They are a pain to get connected!

A simple Princess phone.

A Northern Electric 302. This is actually my first 302! The only other phone I have of similar age is the Stromberg Carlson 1243.

Here's part of a late model 2500. I got this to connect my operator's headset to. It has a case, but I took it off to work on it and didn't feel like putting it back on.

Looks like I won't be having a wire shortage anytime soon!  ;D

Another AE80. All total I got six AE80's for only $20.

We got this Princess phone for my mom, because she wanted a pink TT phone that could also access voicemail.

Here's an orange ITT 500 that I gave to my sister Alana since she wanted an orange phone.

The operator's headset. This was free!

If you're on the fence about going to a phone show, just get in the car and go!! Here's a link to the next phone shows. http://atcaonline.com/shows.php You get great deals that are much better than eBay with no high shipping charges, and best of all you meet other nice people that know what they're talking about.

Phonesrfun

Wow, Kyle, that is quite a haul!

You can now call yourself a bonafide telephone collector!

Phone shows are amazing aren't they?

Thanks for postin the photos.  Looks like you have your work cut out for you.

-Bill Geurts
-Bill G

JorgeAmely

Kyle:

Nice loot! And you got a free payphone to top it all!

I am curious to know what type of phone is the one next to the green AE80?
Jorge

bellsystemproperty

It is a Japanase Toshiba phone. It was imported by Radioshack under their brand Archer.

McHeath

What a great deal, all those AE phones for 20 bucks!  That's the great thing about the shows, the prices are really unbeatable.  Most of the time I have to use E-Bay to find phones and it gets pricy.

And a free rotary pay phone to boot, you had a great day.

Phonesrfun

If you're on the fence about going to a phone show, just get in the car and go!! Here's a link to the next phone shows. http://atcaonline.com/shows.php You get great deals that are much better than eBay with no high shipping charges, and best of all you meet other nice people that know what they're talking about.

Kyle:

You are always welcome to drive a few hundred miles straight up I-5 and come to the Seattle show.  We'll hopefully talk the Seattle Telecommunications museum into opening up for us again this year.

-Bill
-Bill G

AET

Wish they had shows like that in my neck of the woods. 
- Tom

foots

"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

Dan/Panther

Kyle;
Some great finds you scored.
Sorry We missed you, I wish you would have introduced yourself to Jorge, and we all could have met.
Maybe next year.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Jim Stettler

Quote from: AtomicEraTom on March 11, 2010, 03:01:30 AM
Wish they had shows like that in my neck of the woods. 

The Lyon's show is in my neck of the woods. It is only 650 miles 1 way.

Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

bellsystemproperty

The phone show was 442 miles for us from Petaluma. I didn't know what you looked like, although I did meet Jorge. Are you going to the Northern California one in San Jose this November? When we were on our way down we only got maybe 15 miles from home and then the PT Cruiser died and it had to get towed. Then we took a different car and made it on time still. It's always good to get there when the show opens because then you can get the good stuff before it's gone.

Dan/Panther

Here are the three items I bought, and paid $20.00 for each.
The third item was just the receiver as the one that came with the phone was damaged in shipping.

D/P

Craig T

That is a nice covey of phones D/P. A little bit from a few different eras of telephones. Looks like the Gallion has a Z plate on it.

I better get a stapler on my desk too by the looks of things  :)

Dan/Panther

What's weird is the Turquoise Princess, the color is hardly noticeable in person, but really looks yellowed in the photo.
D/P

Netdewt

How do I find out if there are phone shows here (Minneapolis, MN)? That stuff is great!