News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Aqua 510 ready for its close-up!

Started by finlover, March 23, 2010, 09:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finlover

Here's the finished product!  It was a bit yellowed and scuffed in all the usual places, but overall it was very nice to begin with, inside and out.  The first one is the "before" photo from the auction.  Enjoy!

finlover

a few more:

finlover

and the last.

Dennis Markham

Beautiful phone, Greg.  Nice job as always and a great buy.  I'm curious, where are the black and slate ringer wires? 

Dan/Panther

Greg;
Absolutely marvelous.
I don't know how you get all the parts to match that perfectly. Do you paint them ?
Even the cored is a perfect match.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Craig T

8) 8) WHEW, That phone will give a guy crow's feet w/o them shades! My phones get shiny, but man Fin your phones are shiny and they glow! You should turn out the lights and crack a photo with no flash, I bet that phone emanates its own aura  :o :)

It is just a great or better than your last blue beauty. Very nice finish.

JorgeAmely

Fin:

In the after pics, is that the original handset cord or did you do some magic to get it to look this nice?

Jorge

finlover

Quote from: Dennis Markham on March 23, 2010, 09:13:57 PM
Beautiful phone, Greg.  Nice job as always and a great buy.  I'm curious, where are the black and slate ringer wires? 
Thanks, Dennis!  They connect to the terminal strip between the supports for the dial.

Dennis Markham

Thanks Greg, I don't know why I didn't think about a terminal strip.  I realized it was a two-line and should have known.  I have a couple of them but have never refurbished either.

finlover

Quote from: Dan/Panther on March 23, 2010, 09:26:47 PM
Greg;
Absolutely marvelous.
I don't know how you get all the parts to match that perfectly. Do you paint them ?
Even the cored is a perfect match.
D/P
Yep, just a few passes with a can of Krylon and it's good to go! ;D  Just kidding--as always, it's peroxide gel, sanding, hand polishing and buffing.  The colors on this phone match very well, but they don't always, even from the factory.  My NOS aqua '57 500 has a dial plate and handset caps that are a slightly lighter blue than the rest of the phone.

finlover

Quote from: Craig T on March 23, 2010, 09:28:51 PM
8) 8) WHEW, That phone will give a guy crow's feet w/o them shades! My phones get shiny, but man Fin your phones are shiny and they glow! You should turn out the lights and crack a photo with no flash, I bet that phone emanates its own aura  :o :)

Thanks, Craig!  You're no slouch when it comes to polishing a phone, so your compliment means a lot to me!!

finlover

Quote from: JorgeAmely on March 23, 2010, 09:36:41 PM
Fin:

In the after pics, is that the original handset cord or did you do some magic to get it to look this nice?

No sir, I just un-tangled it, gave it the boil/freeze treatment, then brought the color back with peroxide gel. 

Craig T

Quote from: finlover on March 23, 2010, 10:02:19 PM
Quote from: Craig T on March 23, 2010, 09:28:51 PM

Thanks, Craig!  You're no slouch when it comes to polishing a phone, so your compliment means a lot to me!!

Thanks Fin,
I still need to get in on this 3 Amigos thing... maybe as the singing bush?  ::) :)

finlover

Or maybe you could be El Guapo!  We need an arch enemy.

"It's a sweater!"

Dan/Panther

Fin;
All joking aside you do wonderful work.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson