News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

$1.00 find today

Started by Dewdrop, March 29, 2010, 08:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny C

o know where a green WE desk set is for 22 it is in bad shape i just bought a green all matching dates 12-65 WE set for 25 i would rather pay the extra 3 dollars for better quality
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

McHeath

A very good find for a dollar!  Too bad that the shell is painted, but you can probably polish it up well.

As for the older plastics on a newer chassis, it is rare and I've only seen it a time or two.  Usually it's the other way around, older chassis with newer plastics.  I have a 1973 Princess with all the plastics and cords from 1965, which is weird but cool.  (it's moss green as well)

Dan/Panther

Doesn't that date stamped on the inside of the cover indicate soft plastic. Soft plastic handset cover for transmitter. It almost appears that an older shell has been put onto a newer chassis, UNLESS this is a changed Network, changed at the same time as the dial both dated 64.
What are the dates on the line and handset cords ?
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dewdrop

The date on the metal clamp is 65 for the handset cord. I couldn't find a date on the line cord. It's a very thick cord. I did unscrew the metal clamp holding the cord in place and looked on the underside of the clamp.

Debbie
Debbie

LarryInMichigan

That phone was made the month that I was born.  I would have been glad to pay $1 for it.

Larry

Jim Stettler

I always buy $1.00 500 sets. No matter the year or condition. If you take them apart they are worth a min. of $5-10 in parts. I usually just stick them in a box in the shed.

I will pay $5.00 at a yard sale if the person takes the time to dig out a nasty old modular  500 set for me.

Trimlines are worth 3.00 and princess $10.00 as my baselines. Cell phones @ $1.00 and non working display cell phones @ $2.

Lots of times People will give me old phones and early cell phones at yard sales. They don't want to throw them away, so they would rather give them away to someone who is interested.

Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.