News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Interesting Craig's List posting in Nashville...Home Interphone System

Started by baldopeacock, July 02, 2010, 02:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baldopeacock

This may be of interest to someone in the group.    The price is certainly right at $15 for all.

http://nashville.craigslist.org/clt/1805595835.html ( dead link 04-06-21 )

All four of the phones pictured look to have a rotary switch, same style as a ringer on/off or 500P light switch, one phone appears to be a 1702 ten-button Princess, and the seller mentions that this is a system configured with intercom capability.   Mentions a "brain" unit - '68 vintage PBX, maybe?  Some of the ad copy below.

...."and the original electronic "brain" unit (not pictured) that was installed to control the intercom feature and extra ringers with the phones (all included). This was a state-of-the-art system in its day - house was previously built and owned by a telephone company executive so I cannot imagine what a system of this caliber may have cost - I know I've never seen or heard of such a high tech system for a home of that era."

Jim Stettler

It is a home interphone system.
Basically 1 line is telco and you turn the switch to access intercom.
Jim

Great price
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

bellsystemproperty

There's even a ten button princess phone in there!
C*NET # 794-5953 (KYLE)

baldopeacock

Quote from: Jim S. on July 06, 2010, 09:43:05 PM
It is a home interphone system.
Basically 1 line is telco and you turn the switch to access intercom.
Jim

Great price

thanks for explaining, I wasn't figuring it out.   So I guess the phones are two-line versions, thus the switches.   At $15 it's kind of a steal, I would think.   Would be fun to set it back up operational in a vintage house.