Main Menu

Spring Is Here

Started by 19and41, April 04, 2015, 06:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

6.5 deg C in Hakadal, Norway :-)

dsk

19and41

Mowing can be good for you.  Walking is underrated as a means of exercise.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Doug Rose

Spring is here in New England, I have been mowing for three weeks....good for the Soul   8)  ...Doug
Kidphone

19and41

No rain this week, got to scrub off the vehicles and treat the convertible top.  My mailbox pot is bubbling up a crop of Morning glories.  When I bought my house in 1997, I planted 3 packs of morning glory seeds in the pot.  At the end of that summer I got about a pint of seeds.  I use some of those each year to plant.  I've used about a third of them.
— Arthur C. Clarke

WesternElectricBen

Yard looks good, Doug.

Ben

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: Doug Rose on May 16, 2015, 09:00:44 AM
Spring is here in New England, I have been mowing for three weeks....good for the Soul   8)  ...Doug
I should have started mowing 3 weeks ago, but the snowblower and cab is still on the tractor... :o

I'm going to help my dad install the mower deck today; hopefully I can finally trim the 2' tall lawn soon!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Doug Rose

thanks Ben....a lot of work....but i do enjoy it.

19and41 We haven't had rain in over three weeks, spending my phone money or irrigation!!  :'( ...Doug
Kidphone

19and41

I know few more certain ways to insure rainy days to come than either a clean car or investing in irrigation.   ;)
— Arthur C. Clarke

19and41

When I stepped outside this morning, I saw a surprise out on the cactus.  There must be about 50 buds and this is the first to bloom.  There's also a picture of a new lobe or leaf coming on that shows the forming of their needles.  The "washed out" pic shows the true color of the flower.  It is bright yellow and tissue thin.

— Arthur C. Clarke

WEBellSystemChristian

The lawn got its first mowing a week ago, and its 2nd mowing was yesterday.

Because it has been raining and has been wet ever since everything started growing, I haven't gotten much time to cut the lawn. The lawn has gotten a lot of time to grow in that time...

Here is what the lawn looked like while I was mowing. The tractor almost died about seven times because it was straining to mow that much at any given time! Under normal circumstances, it would have handled it like nothing, but it was very wet underneath.

Sorry about the bars at the edges of the picture. Any picture taken on my phone has to be screenshot before I can post it here.
Christian Petterson

19and41

Almost hurts looking at it.  Hope things get settled out.
— Arthur C. Clarke

Doug Rose

Kidphone

WEBellSystemChristian

Ouch is right!

I forgot to mention that was the 1st mow. The 2nd mow pretty much took care of things, and all of the Lawnbales from excess grass are pretty much turned to dust.

I stepped outside to take a picture just now; it looks better and more even. By the time I mow for the 3rd time (probably next week) the lawn will look much better!
Christian Petterson

WEBellSystemChristian

I think Spring has finally totally sprung in the northern United States!

A view of the walk up the driveway this afternoon just getting off the bus from school. It looks really nice!
Christian Petterson

WEBellSystemChristian

It's not anywhere close to Spring, but today is predicted to be the warmest day so far this year. Yesterday it was 15 degrees, and today is supposed to be 56! Right now it's 46, and snow is melting rapidly.

Dave, how much snow did you get this year? We haven't heard a word from you about the snow all winter!
Christian Petterson