News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

302 in old rose!

Started by Dan, August 08, 2011, 09:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

Ebay win for me. No cracked corners. It has a big gash on the left (picture two) .

I am taking it to my denture guy who can mix up a matching pink acrylic for me.

The flat surface should be easier to work with  than a corner so it should sand out after the repair. The cords are perfect.

The housing seems tight to the base. Any suggestions without cracking it? (hairdryer?)

$66 (with 14 shipping ) seemed  like a good deal to me

"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Sargeguy

That's what I paid for my handset with the hole in it!  I was watching this one but fell asleep before I could bid.  Would have made a great parts phone!  Congratulations!!!  I pop my thermoplastic phones in the oven for 15 minutes on WARM (170 degrees) and it works like a charm.  Don't forget to set the timer though.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Doug Rose

Real nice phone Dan, well worth the money...Doug
Kidphone

Dan

Thanks guys, I will try the oven method.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Craig T

That was a nice find Dan, all the right parts are there and the color looks great too! Good eye!

Dan

Thanks for the "Oven method" sarge. I took out the housing screws and popped her in the oven at 170 for only 5 minutes.(I was paranoid). When I went to pick her up, it separated off the base without even prying it. I wish I would have known this before I almost cracked an old black 302 that I have.