News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

1938 302 Offered as NOS - very nice, but pricey...

Started by RotarDad, April 13, 2018, 12:14:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotarDad

Thought I'd post this one for discussion:

www.ebay.com/itm/132577059493

Not cheap at $950 or BO plus shipping.

Seller's Description:  "Dated 1938 Western Electric Model 302 telephone with original brown cloth cord and metal housing, found in believed original box. (There is a number on the bottom of the box, 575670). Includes a small packet with four screws. Appears never to have been connected, but missing a small area of paint on the dial. Otherwise, condition is as you might expect had you purchased the phone new in the 1930's. Some original dust still intact.

Check pics - if you have bought from me before, enough said. If you need to see additional pics, I'll do that should the need to relist arise. I really want to keep this phone - don't tell my wife."

Paul

Pourme

~

Why do so many sellers offer a phone at a very high price and at the same time present a limited amount of pictures to represent the phone?

Looks like one of those where the wife said "Put that phone on EBAY!!"  ;D

Edit:
I just now read the description......I WAS RIGHT!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

kleenax

Quote from: RotarDad on April 13, 2018, 12:14:51 AM
Thought I'd post this one for discussion:

www.ebay.com/itm/132577059493

Not cheap at $950 or BO plus shipping.
Heavens, he DID say "Best Offer", so throw him an offer of $150 and see if he has "auto-deny" turned on in his auction!
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Sargeguy

Looks like he dropped the price. Maybe he is doing a reverse auction?
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

HarrySmith

Quote from: Pourme on April 13, 2018, 07:19:53 AM
~

Why do so many sellers offer a phone at a very high price and at the same time present a limited amount of pictures to represent the phone?

Looks like one of those where the wife said "Put that phone on EBAY!!"  ;D

Edit:
I just now read the description......I WAS RIGHT!

Yeah, he says he really wants to keep it so that explains the high price!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Pourme

~

His wife saw the price and said "You will never sell it at that price!...Lower it , NOW!!"....

Ha!

Edit:

Now I'm getting adds in the top of the forum page on that phone!....Ha!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Doug Rose

JKL Museum should purchase it. It is a stunning phone and a wonderful piece of history. I hope i look that good when I hit eighty  8)....Doug
Kidphone

Partyline4

Decent, but definitely not NOS. Paint chip on dial, cord ends show discoloration....Probably just very well cared for. Never connected? Yeah right  ::) If he's a true phone guy, he hooked that puppy up and called his house to hear it ring. I know I would!

Fabius

No pictures of the insides nor the bottom. I wonder what the date on the 5H dial is?
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Doug Rose

Kidphone

Fabius

Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Doug Rose

Kidphone

Doug Rose

I would love to own this phone, but I could not justify paying that much for a Black 302. It is amazing. I do own a NOS Thermoplastic 302 and there is nothing like the sheen of a new phone...Doug
Kidphone

Dan/Panther

Quote from: Doug Rose on April 13, 2018, 08:56:28 AM
JKL Museum should purchase it. It is a stunning phone and a wonderful piece of history. I hope i look that good when I hit eighty  8)....Doug

Should I tell him, or does someone else want to ?
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Doug Rose

Kidphone