"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Happy Mother's Day

Started by Doug Rose, May 09, 2010, 01:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Stettler

Quote from: bwanna on May 09, 2010, 06:27:48 PM
what a thoughtful bunch of guys! honoring one's wife &/or mother speaks volumes of that person's character. (yes, you are all characters :P)

happy mother's day, d/p  :) you too, bill c.

jim, sorry about your luck.

Thanks Donna,
\
All is good.

I grew up with three sisters (no brothers) as well. Might as well throw some more pity on the pile.

On the plus side I am pro-women in regards to jobs. Equal pay for equal work ect. (Fair is Fair). I work closley with an opiniated chavanist.

I kinda understand the "challenges" women face in a male dominated workplace.

I hope your co-workers are more enlightened than mine (he can be an a**){ and I am not Female}

Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

bwanna

jim, i have 3 brothers, no sisters. my only child is male.  so i am pretty used to the guy's world.

i can honestly say that i have never had any trouble with male chauvinists in my workplace. there are guys who are idiots, but they are idiots towards everyone. most of my co-workers are too gentlemanly, if that is possible. they think they should carry my ladder or do the "heavy" work . sometimes i let them.    ;)

what i do have a problem with is the gals who sign on for a "man's" job, then ask for all kinds of special considerations because they are a woman.
donna

Jim Stettler

Quote from: bwanna on May 09, 2010, 07:50:40 PM
jim, i have 3 brothers, no sisters. my only child is male.  so i am pretty used to the guy's world.

i can honestly say that i have never had any trouble with male chauvinists in my workplace. there are guys who are idiots, but they are idiots towards everyone. most of my co-workers are too gentlemanly, if that is possible. they think they should carry my ladder or do the "heavy" work . sometimes i let them.    ;)

what i do have a problem with is the gals who sign on for a "man's" job, then ask for all kinds of special considerations because they are a woman.
Donna,

I am familar with that scenario as well.
Regarding the siblings: My wife had 5 brothers(no sisters). I think that is why we can relate so well.
Jim
You live, You learn,

JorgeAmely

Donna:

Happy Mother's Day !!!
Jorge

bwanna

donna

Jim Stettler

I would like to wish a "Happy Mother's day" to all the Mothers and single fathers on the forum.

Jim
You live, You learn,

mienaichizu

AET

This mother's day was a tough one for my ma.  First year I wasn't at home, she kept calling to make sure I was coming over to see her, and of course I did :)

Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's here and out there!
- Tom

Bill Cahill

I babysat for a neighbor last week end,two dogs, and, a cat.
The dogs were very good. The cat ran away last night while I was leaving the house.
I spent four miserable hours unsuccessfully trying to catch it. It growled, it hissed, it ran.
At the last major attempt, I had the front door wide open trying to entice that miserable feline back in.
The dogs obediently stayed with me EVERY minuite, not ONCE bolting out the door.
The cat never came in.
Now, owner is home, and, claims she let the cat out!
She wasn't even home!
Women.
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Dennis Markham

For those of you that are members of the  ATCA or TCI (or both)you know that Vern Potter goes out of his way to wish fellow members a Happy Birthday when their day rolls around.  There are some that would rather not have their birthday's revealed and Vern has always respected that fact by not publishing a birthday notice.  He is very considerate of his "telephone family".

Vern, despite the grief you are experiencing today because of the loss last night of your father, I'd like to wish for you many happy returns of the day.  I hope that you have a great year ahead.

I would also like to wish Robby (rdelius) a Happy Birthday.  Robby has contributed very much to this forum and we are lucky to have him on board.  Happy Birthday Robby!

gpo706

My condolences to Vern and family.
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

Dennis Markham

I hope you will all indulge me in one more off-topic post.

I would like to wish a Happy Mother's Day to all our forum member mothers.  I hope you have a great day and someone to spoil you today!

JorgeAmely

Happy Mothers Day to Debbie and Donna. Did I leave someone behind?  ??? ??? ???
Jorge

DavePEI

Happy Birthday, Vern. It is a shame it came so close to the your father passed away. Keep strong!

Happy Birthday, too Robby.

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Dewdrop

Thanks Jorge and Dennis for the Happy Mother's Day greeting.

I've been called to duty to tidy up the garage where there are boxes of phones I haven't cleaned or checked out yet. I better get to them before someone else does. He was thinking about putting them in the attic. HOLD ON, not the attic!

It's already warmed up and in the 80's today. Trying to get a picture of a Zebra Swallowtail butterfly. She's been ducking into the Pawpaw shrub to lay her small green eggs on the leaves.

Got an ok picture of her nectaring on the Arkansas Blue Star flowers.

Debbie
Debbie