News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Box of W.E. 500s in my attic

Started by CandlestickCollector, August 22, 2014, 02:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CandlestickCollector

I am new to collecting antique telephones but I remember several years ago when I was a young teenager (Im 18 now and probably the youngest member here) my father brought a large dusty box out of our storage shed and sat it in our living room. I went and opened it and it was full of black W.E. 500 sets. There were probably 20 of them in the box. They were all original, all very dusty and dirty. Some of them had their original 4 pin plugs. At the time, I didn't know a thing about them and thought they were worthless. So they ended up in our attic and they have remained there ever since. Now that I know more about antique phones, I got to thinking that one of those sets could be from 1949. Unfortunately, I can't look at the phones right now because I am living at my grandma's house for my college purposes. However, I will be moving back in with my parents in 2 months and I will finally get a chance to dig through that box of 500s. Until then I am going to keep my fingers crossed and hope one of them is rare. :)

-Cody
My 1920s music radio station: www.twkdradio.com

WesternElectricBen

I'm sure we would be interested in what you find, now keep in mind, even if you don't fine a 1949 500, there is still a chance you can find a few good sets.

Actually, this forum has quite a few younger people (including myself) under 18. So, it makes this another reason why we have such a good community.

Ben

kleinkaliber

Dan/Panther

Cody;
You better contact the family and tell them you want them. You get home for Christmas break, and they tell you we just threw them out.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

WEBellSystemChristian

I'm always excited to look through boxes of phones, especially 500s. Make sure to provide lots of pictures when you do get your hands on that box. After all, this forum thrives on phone pictures! ;D
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford