News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Northern Electric 1702B wiring diag.

Started by K1WI, March 05, 2013, 02:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K1WI

A forum member suggested I post these here. Recently went to restore several NT1702s and found several different types of networks , but one thing in common is they all use the same terminals which are in different locations.
Andy F    K1WI

HarrySmith

There is quite a discussion raging on the listserve right now about this. Several state there is no know name "Contessa", they were all Princess. Does your phones have the name on them? Do you have any paperwork or advertising with the Contessa name?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

K1WI

Harry ,
  Sorry I can't be of much help. I have four Northern Electric 1702 sets , what ever the are officially named and none says either Princess or Contessa on them.
Just 1702B and a date. BUT recently bought a parts phone and its circuit board is slightly different than the others as only a few of the push terminal have designations , it is a lighter colour phenolic and a differs in component layout.
  I'll change the title till discussion evolves more. I was very surprised as to the lack of available information especially wiring diagrams available.
Thanks (as always)
   Andy F    K1WI
Andy F    K1WI

paul-f

Thanks, Andy.

I also have several 1702Bs and have wondered about them.  None I've seen have a model name on them -- just the number and a date.

They're dated between late 1966 and mid 1969.  If anyone has documentation from that period that names NE Princess or Contessa sets, please post on this thread:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=8932.0

Thanks.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line