"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Spreading the Word of Old phones

Started by happy hooligan, July 20, 2009, 12:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JorgeAmely

Bingster:

Red is not allowed because some California bureaucrat saw a rat die while swimming in that red paint.

Jorge

happy hooligan

something about the dye the use in the spraying of the enamel causes cancer.... 

but other states allow it, just not CA...
check out Blog  www.poohbang.com Vintage Gear For Guys

happy hooligan

just set one up as a item to look at.... with a long, hidden gas line!

Steve

happy hooligan,

Just saw your site and noticed you have an old Bronco! I'm a fellow bronco lover myself, having had 6 of them over the years. hard to find them with uncut fenders anymore. funny how a lot of us collect many of the same things.
If you're a long way from home,
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,
Something just ain't right.

happy hooligan

Quote from: Steve on August 06, 2009, 03:01:44 PM
happy hooligan,

Just saw your site and noticed you have an old Bronco! I'm a fellow bronco lover myself, having had 6 of them over the years. hard to find them with uncut fenders anymore. funny how a lot of us collect many of the same things.

I fell in love with the Bronco probably about 20 years ago.  Took me about a year to find an unmolested one...  It literately was from a little old lady in Pasadena... I bought it about 6 years ago.

She had one of those old label maker sticky tapes on the dash that said "Happy Hooligan" so that's what I call the truck and my name here...

Do you have a Bronco now? 

Steve

"Do you have a Bronco now?"

I havent had one in about 7-8 years now. I wouldnt mind getting another one for around town, but most I see for sale lately have been FUBAR.

heres my '71

If you're a long way from home,
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,
Something just ain't right.

happy hooligan

happy hooligan

So today I put on my WE Bell system 302 on my site.  It need a really good polish and a center card, but over all it's in really nice shape and super clean inside..

McHeath

Nice little 302, I like that you can almost read the old ink on the brass card backing.  You have some fun stuff on your blog, that push mower is very cool.  I had one about 20 years ago, it worked well and was a good workout to boot, but as the years went by I got lazy and ended up with self-propelled. 

happy hooligan

thanks,

yes push mowers are a lot like jogging...  You have to make yourself get up and do it...