News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ericsson Wall phone for $13.17

Started by wds, July 31, 2017, 06:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twocvbloke

Looks like a GPO "A-B" payphone, whether or not it's a genuine listing, who knows, I'm too wary of 0-feedback sellers offering low-priced goods, there's been a lot of that lately and the sellers usually end up being deleted...

wds

Well, I gambled the $11 on this one.  Keep you posted.
Dave

TelePlay

Quote from: Dan F on August 01, 2017, 02:06:40 AM
OK, I took the bait. It's only $14. We'll see what I get in the mail..

Did you get the phone, or what happened or is still happening? It's been 26 days so it may be a bit early to ask knowing stuff from the other side of the Pacific take to get here.

Is the order still in place is shipment? Delivered? Cancelled?

Curious minds who live in reality, with their feet on the ground, want to know . . .

TelePlay

Quote from: wds on August 03, 2017, 01:56:58 PM
Well, I gambled the $11 on this one.  Keep you posted.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=18579.msg191659#msg191659

Same questions.

Did you get the phone, or what happened or is still happening? It's been 23 days so it may be a bit early to ask knowing stuff from the other side of the Pacific take to get here.

Is the order still in place is shipment? Delivered? Cancelled?

Curious minds who live in reality, with their feet on the ground, want to know . . .

wds

Nothing from the Seller, and I can't complain to Ebay until Sept 27 - the estimated delivery date.  I've seen several phones listed from various Chinese sellers with 0 feedback, and I've reported everyone one of them as fraudulent listings and had them removed.  Thought I would save someone else the trouble of having to deal with this Chinese seller.
Dave

Dan F

and I have to wait till Sept 22 before I can do anything.

19and41

We ought to have a guess-a-thon to cover all the things that could happen besides getting an as-pictured phone.  I'll give the seller the benefit of the doubt and say it will be kindling in a tyvek bag.   :)
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

andre_janew

For all I know, they could be small plastic models of the real thing!

19and41

I wonder how many fake Ebay fronts one could put up to bait enough people to make some worthwhile loot?  I can't imagine $14 is the be all and end all of this criminal enterprise.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

LarryInMichigan

Being that the expected delivery window is so large, the "seller" has plenty of time to abandon their account before their victims can complain to ebay.  The "seller" will be nowhere to be found when ebay tries to charge them for the non-received item.

Larry

Dan F

I'm still hoping on the good in people. As the buyer I hope he makes good.

Dan F

Dan F

I have opened a case with Ebay. Have to wait a few days.

wds

I have also opened a case.  Now the fun starts.
Dave

TelePlay

Quote from: wds on September 29, 2017, 08:08:29 AM
I have also opened a case.  Now the fun starts.

And I see the seller has a feed back rating of "-1" with one negative reply. I've never seen a negative rating before and never realized eBay rating is a running total (positive minus negative), or so it seems with the seller.

Member id:  jew921014ddcs-9 ( -1 )

Can't wait to get updates on both of these, to see what eBay says and does.