News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Found - Red Line Cord for GPO 746

Started by LarryInMichigan, July 11, 2019, 11:08:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

I am looking for a red line cord in decent, not necessarily new, condition for a GPO 746.  I don't really want to pay £15 for shipping from the UK though.

Thank You

Larry

andy1702

Shipping between UK and USA is absolutely crazy. I'm in the UKand can get stuff sent from China free shipping. However if I buy a phone from America, the shipping costs more than the phone does!

Hopefully world trade will be a lot better once we're out of the EU.
Call me on C*net 0246 81 290 from the UK
or (+44) 246 81 290 from the rest of the world.

For telephone videos search Andys Shed on Youtube.

FABphones

Quote from: andy1702 on July 12, 2019, 02:56:55 AM
Hopefully world trade will be a lot better once we're out of the EU.

Unfortunately, probably quite the opposite.

Larry, I have one but am also EU, will look online and see what the cost is to pop it into a jiffy bag and send it out to you.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

twocvbloke

Quote from: andy1702 on July 12, 2019, 02:56:55 AM
Shipping between UK and USA is absolutely crazy. I'm in the UKand can get stuff sent from China free shipping. However if I buy a phone from America, the shipping costs more than the phone does!

Sad thing is, UK to US shipping by Royal Mail for the exact same item is far cheaper, the USPS is just in a severe price-gouging phase due to major deals with Amazon to provide cheap postage for them, but everyone else has to make up for their lost profits...  :-\

LarryInMichigan

Just for fun, I took a quick look at the Royal Mail website.  I entered 60g for the parcel weight, and it shows two almost reasonably priced options of "Royal Mail International Standard" at an online price of £5.05 and "Royal Mail International Economy" at £4.25.

Larry