News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

April 25, 2010 conference call

Started by bwanna, April 25, 2010, 09:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwanna

have been waiting a minute to see if anyone else would start a thread about the call. guess we should have discussed it while on the line. also taken a proper roll call  :)

donna

JorgeAmely

Donna:

Nice hearing you on the line. I didn't stay long (family stuff), but I heard something about doing a roll call on the forum itself.
Jorge

bwanna

the last count i heard was 16 participants. i will list from memory name & location. please chime in if i forgot someone or don't know your location. just want to have some sort of official documentation.

Dan/Panther....Anza, California
Jorge Amley....California
Jim S....Colorado
McHeath...California
Brinybay, (Greg)....Seattle, Washington
Bill Guerts...Walla Walla Washington
Dennis Markham.... Utica, Michigan
Bwanna, (Donna)...Imlay City, Michigan
Wallphone...(Dougpav)...Clinton Twp(?),Michigan
Paul F.......Massachusetts
Savageje, (Jim)...Indianapolis, Indiana
teka bb...(Remco)...Netherlands
Kennyc1955...Tennessee
DANIELPHONEFREAK....Tennnessee
Jester, (Stephen).....Texas
BellSystemProperty ..(Kyle)
GusHerb ..(Jonathan)...Northwest, Indiana
Keysys...(Billy)
RussKirk.....Livermore, CA
Colin Chambers

if you have corrections/additions to the list PM me. i will modify my post to reflect the true roll call.

so the total attendees came to 20....unless i am still missing someone.

donna

bwanna

so....am i the only goofball that took a pic of themselves on the call.. ;D ::) :D ::)

it was really great hearing everyone's voices. the best one of all being Mr Dan Panther on his amazing 60+ year old phone!
donna

Jim Stettler

Jim S. is from CO. It is easy to get confused because of all the CA folks that move here.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Jim Stettler

Quote from: bwanna on April 25, 2010, 10:04:48 PM
so....am i the only goofball that took a pic of themselves on the call.. ;D ::) :D ::)
I wanted to have a photo taken. The family was off "felting" Alpaca slippers at an Alpaca farm, so it didn't happen.
BTW, I had to do a double take on your coffee cup. at first it looked like a model of a liquid transmitter.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

GusHerb

Quote from: bwanna on April 25, 2010, 09:39:23 PM
the last count i heard was 16 participants. i will list from memory name & location. please chime in if i forgot someone or don't know your location. just want to have some sort of official documentation.

Dan/Panther....California
Jorge Amley....California
Jim S....Colorado
McHeath...California
Brinybay, (Greg)....Seattle, Washington
Bill Guerts...Walla Walla Washington
Dennis Markham.... Utica, Michigan
Bwanna, (Donna)...Imlay City, Michigan
Dougpav...Michigan
Paul F.......
Savageje, (Jim)...Indianapolis, Indiana
teka bb...(Remco)...Netherlands
Kenny...Tennessee
DANIELPHONEFREAK....Tennnessee
Jester, (Stephen).....Texas

if you have corrections/additions to the list PM me. i will modify my post to reflect the true roll call.

You can add me, I was there for the whole call even though I barely talked.
Jonathan

McHeath

Don't worry bwanna, you are not the only one who documented the call with a photo, here I am deep in listening mode:

Hey, it must have been a pink day!

keysys

I was there as well, but I kept quiet.  Dialed in from a beige keyset, a W. E. 2565, then listened via the attached W. E. 4A speakerphone.

Dan P: thanks for rescuing and restoring this historic item.

--Billy  

Kenny C

i loved hearing everybody i am sorry I had to go so early
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Kenny C

April 25, 2010
a day that will live in the hearts of us 17 lucky people. I am so happy I was a part of this historic moment I enjoyed talking and listening to each and every one of you. You are all some of my closest friends and I really appreciate you all and all of the help and information you have given me. I am honored to be a part of this forum.

Kenny Cottrell
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

savageje

I enjoyed it.  D/P's set sounded great, and it was good to associate voices with forum members.  I second Kenny -- I am thankful for all of the folks that participate -- I have learned so much about this hobby.  Hope to run into more of you at shows in the future.  I'm planning on being in Springfield, OH next month.

JS

Phonesrfun

My desk was far too messy to snap a picture of!

I had Colin Chambers conferenced in as well.  I was using my Panasonic 616 PBX, and for setting up a conference with Colin using C*Net, I used the conference feature on the 616.  The idea of patching him in was kind of a last minute thing, so I needed to use the *gasp* electronic phone to do it, so earlier I was using my 1951 500, but then switched to the other phone to do the conferencing.  If I had thought of it earlier, I could have done it all using the 500, but oh well, next time.

Aside from club board meetings, I do believe this is an historic call all in and of itself.  First, it was a conference call from all over the world with avid phone collectors that was purely for the pleasure of talking about phones.  Second was that it probably had more early 500's and other related early phones on it than any other modern-day phone call.  Last but not least was our opportunity to hear Dan's prize first-hand on its first maiden phone call since being rebuilt.

Dan, you have done a marvelous job, and that phone could not have fallen into more capable hands than yours.

Congratulations to all!

-Bill G

Dan/Panther

All I can say is WOW that was one neat phone call. thanks Paul for the efforts in setting it up.
It was great hearing voices from our forum.
I was jazzed that everyone thought the 500 sounded good.
I look forward to our next call.
If anyone would be interested in a copy of the little statement I made I will gladly print a copy and send it to you, just P.M. me your address.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Greg G.

Quote from: McHeath on April 25, 2010, 11:19:38 PM
Don't worry bwanna, you are not the only one who documented the call with a photo, here I am deep in listening mode:

Hey, it must have been a pink day!

You're desk is too neat and organized, and not enough "patine".  Why is your toothbrush in your pencil cup?   ;)  

Anyway, somebody mentioned getting a shot of ourselves on the conference call.  That sounded like fun, so I set up my tripod and used the timer on the camera.  The main problem with pictures is the camera makes me look much more older, heavier, and far less handsome than I actually am.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e