News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

RED AE 40 on eBay

Started by monophone_lover, April 05, 2018, 05:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

monophone_lover

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-RED-AE40-Monophone-Automatic-Electric-Chrome-Trim-Telephone-Very-Clean/292511268459

?hash=item441b07be6b:g:YaUAAOSwRChaxS-j

gide up

Rob

================================================

Seller description:  "Vintage AE40 Monophone Automatic Electric Chrome Trim Telephone -- Bakelite RED --
Extremely Clean - Very Rare -- These phones were made between 1939 to the early 1950's. The red color is very rare and hard to find. I know the chrome trim and rope cord are very desirable. This phone has not been painted. This phone works beautifully and has a modified power cord so you can use it today! -- The Phone is in beautiful overall condition. The circle dial moves properly. Phone is very clean and bright. It  has some some light surface scratches and marks that can be seen in the photos. I do not see any cracks. The chrome rims on the phone are still tight so I don't think there has been any shrinkage. I believe the phone is all original (except the tip of the power cord) though I am not an expert. -- Please see all the pictures as it is the actual phone you will receive. Feel free to ask any questions."
Rob
ATCA # 4057

monophone_lover

WoW ... no bids.... is there a recession or something over there....this has a deep rich color..

Rob
Rob
ATCA # 4057

Doug Rose

Rob...it's not over until it's over....Doug

https://tinyurl.com/ya92kdjq
Kidphone

Pourme

I'm watching that one too...
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

kleenax

Quote from: monophone_lover on April 09, 2018, 08:13:01 PM
WoW ... no bids.... is there a recession or something over there....this has a deep rich color..

Rob
Rob;

no bids cause of the starting price!  I think it's really dumb to put a starting bid that high if you REALLY want to sell something, especially if you are fairly certain that it has desire and value. Collectors WANT a deal, and will throw a bid in on something immediately if it is started out low. Should go for around $600-$900, but we just don't know do we? They used to go as high as $1800 or so for one in this nice of condition.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

FABphones

Beautiful phone. I'd love one in Black and another in Ivory. Never see them for sale over here though.

Next trip I have to the states I'm bringing a LARGE suitcase for return phone luggage (will pad them out with Twinkies). Oh yes.

;) :)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

monophone_lover

Quote from: kleenax on April 09, 2018, 08:47:49 PM
Rob;

no bids cause of the starting price!  I think it's really dumb to put a starting bid that high if you REALLY want to sell something, especially if you are fairly certain that it has desire and value. Collectors WANT a deal, and will throw a bid in on something immediately if it is started out low. Should go for around $600-$900, but we just don't know do we? They used to go as high as $1800 or so for one in this nice of condition.

Ray,

no doubt bout 1800 with gold even more... the market seems to go up... and sometimes it goes down... i can only think a good time to cost average.. ;-)
Rob
ATCA # 4057

JorgeAmely

The battle at the OK Corral will start with 30 seconds to go. You'll see.
Jorge

kleenax

Quote from: FabPhones on April 10, 2018, 05:16:28 AM
Beautiful phone. I'd love one in Black and another in Ivory. Never see them for sale over here though.

Next trip I have to the states I'm bringing a LARGE suitcase for return phone luggage (will pad them out with Twinkies). Oh yes.

;) :)
Bummer; since we don't know where "over here" is, we cannot help!  ;-)
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

FABphones

Quote from: kleenax on April 10, 2018, 05:46:28 PM
Bummer; since we don't know where "over here" is, we cannot help!  ;-)

Opppps. The U.K.   :D

kleenax

Quote from: FabPhones on April 10, 2018, 06:07:40 PM
Opppps. The U.K.   :D
Thanks!  I ship to the UK regularly, but of course it's not cheap! Just posted a dozen mouthpieces to a friend in the UK for use on your early candlesticks. Western Electric mouthpieces fit your early transmitter threads perfectly!
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

AE_Collector

Quote from: FabPhones on April 10, 2018, 05:16:28 AM

Au Contraire:
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=6852.0

Terry

FABphones

Quote from: AE_Collector on April 11, 2018, 02:07:36 AM
Au Contraire:
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=6852.0
Terry

Awwwwww. Now that hasn't helped dampen the 'want' flame has it.  :(  All that's done is make my 'Matrix' phone harder to find - cos now my search has narrowed to Black with chrome bands, and Ivory with gold bands.

I can just picture them in my display too...

That find was April 2012 so we must be due another one for sale soooon......    :-\

Here's hoping  ;)

Fabius

It's got it's first bid. Me!  ;D
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Pourme

That's a beautiful phone, Tom....Good luck!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service