News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

5302 at last!

Started by Sargeguy, November 21, 2010, 10:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sargeguy

Despite being a 302 collector I have never owned any of the 5300 series.  Yes it is for lack of trying.    This one caught my eye however, a #5 dial and relatively intact components for $15 and change:  

http://goo.gl/onlVE

The number wheel is a little concerning.  I may have to un-convert the phone back to a 302, using the shell from one of the flaky #6 versions that cannot seem to work reliably enough for me to sell.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

AE_Collector

Hhmmmm, Sargeguy bought from Hamguy?!

Nice deal!

Terry

WESTERN ELECTRIC BLACK ROTARY PHONE
Item condition: Used
Ended: Nov 21, 201018:33:19 PST
Winning bid: US $15.45 [ 2 bids ]
Shipping: $12.00 USPS Priority Mail
Seller: Member id hamguy01 ( Feedback Score Of 1073)   

Phonesrfun

I believe I have a couple of good outer dial number rings for 5302's.  If I do, it's yours for the asking.  I am out of town for a week, however.
-Bill G

LarryInMichigan

Welcome to the club, Sargeguy.

Larry

Russ Kirk

Great find at a great price.  When visitors look at my collection the 5302 is one they often comment.  You may find when showing off your 302s it will make a conversation piece about the history and re-use of stock.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Sargeguy

Thanks Bill,
I will see what condition its in when it arrives.  I take it that those rings were not wear-proof like the 500 sets?
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Sargeguy

Well the phone arrived today.  The number wheel needs replacing. And the case is really scuffed up.  And the dial plate is wrong.  At least it has a #5 dial. Definitely a project phone!!!  Bill LMK what you need for one of those wheels.
Thanks
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Sargeguy

On second thought, this is going to sacrifice its life so that others may live.  It has an unpainted base which is all rusty and the feet are missing the felt. 
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409