Sebbels NE 465 Key Set for $49 local pickup so no shipping
5 (17.2%)
d_s_k's 1243Stromberg Carlson for $20.50 plus shipping
1 (3.4%)
Sargeguy's 301A Fiddleback wit hOST receiver & 7 digit transmitter for $155
3 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 29

AE_Collector

Post your "Finds of the Month" for February 2012 Here.

Finds of the Month" are items that you acquired this month that you are particulatly excited about either because of its rarity, the difficulty you had in trying to find one for your collection or the exceptional "deal" you got on it etc.

Terry

rp2813

I nominate Reptile_Master's $5 soft plastic yellow 500 from 1956, which appears to be a one-owner phone.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=6241.0
Ralph

AE_Collector

Quote from: rp2813 on February 02, 2012, 01:49:54 AM
soft plastic yellow 500 from 1956, which appears to be a one-owner phone.

Only used to make phone calls on Sundays as well I'll bet!

Thanks for the nomination, we were half way through January before we had the first nomination last month I think. Too many Egg Nogs over the holidays I'll bet.

Terry

Adam

I just picked up this Western Electric 56 yellow 500C dated 1968.

This purchase combined two of my current loves, Western Electric dial blanks, and Western Electric 56 yellow.  I'd never seen a 56 yellow dial blank on eBay before.

$39, no shipping, because I arranged to pick it up locally.
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

Just4Phones

That phone is a beauty Adam.  Enjoy it  ;D

Snake

Quote from: AE_collector on February 02, 2012, 01:53:20 AM
Quote from: rp2813 on February 02, 2012, 01:49:54 AM
soft plastic yellow 500 from 1956, which appears to be a one-owner phone.

Only used to make phone calls on Sundays as well I'll bet!

Thanks for the nomination, we were half way through January before we had the first nomination last month I think. Too many Egg Nogs over the holidays I'll bet.

Terry

Haha :D I just saw this, Thanks for the nomination! I should be posting an update on it in a couple of weeks.

Snake

Quote from: Adam on February 07, 2012, 04:14:44 PM
I just picked up this Western Electric 56 yellow 500C dated 1968.

This purchase combined two of my current loves, Western Electric dial blanks, and Western Electric 56 yellow.  I'd never seen a 56 yellow dial blank on eBay before.

$39, no shipping, because I arranged to pick it up locally.

Beautiful find Adam! There's something about those blank dials that makes that phone a real looker!.  ;D

Adam

Thanks.  I'm calling this my "Yellow Alert" phone.
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

Snake

Quote from: Adam on February 08, 2012, 08:44:46 PM
Thanks.  I'm calling this my "Yellow Alert" phone.

That would seem appropriate!

Jester

At Dennis' suggestion, I'll list this black dial dark gray 500 I got off ebay as a Buy It Now for $49.00 plus shipping.  It is dated 8/54 throughout, including the 7D-3 dial.  This one has been on my list for awhile, but the couple I dared to bid on went way past what I thought they would go for.  I'm smiling now, though. 8)
Stephen

sebbel

Hi,
At Russ' suggestion I'm nominating my 465.  I paid 45$ for it during my weekly "shopping" trip. I was looking for a phone with a dial to test a dial less N50AL I have. End result is I'm still looking for but I own a another cool phone.

Seb.

dsk

I'm still waiting for the parcel, but I will nominate this one:
http://tinyurl.com/7a9wuv5
I have recently been enlighted with some knowhow of this universal network inside this one, It is possible to wire for LB as well as short and long lines in automatic systems.

The metal body seems to be good, and I'm sure the dial could be repaired.  The mouth piece looks similar to the old field telephone EE8, and I may switch here?  I may surly glue it together.

dsk

dsk

The EE8 cap did not fit.  :'(
The dial does not return, I guess I have to clean, and lubricate it.
Smaller and lighter than the 500 sets!

dsk

Sargeguy

I might as well nominate my 301A Fiddleback, despite the cracked receiver.  It's pretty much intact, only missing the lock.  Cost $155.  Considering (unbroken)  OST receivers go for more and 7-digit transmitter slightly less than that, I think I did pretty good.

There is one on eBay right now that is selling for $250 (with one bid, only it has a 250w transmitter and a 144 receiver.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

AE_Collector

That's it for February 2012. All the contestants have checked in and the poll is set up and ready to go.

There are six choices this month so give them all a quick review and then cast your vote for the one that would have been YOUR "Find of the Month".

Good Luck to all and may the Best "Find" win.....

Terry