Dugan's Millennium Demonstrator Terminal for $80
4 (19%)
Babybearjs WE444eg 3 line deskset for $29
6 (28.6%)
DavePEI's Telephone Service Decal for $0
3 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

AE_Collector

Post your "Finds of the Month" for May 2013 here.

"Finds of the Month" are items that you acquired this month that you are particulatly excited about either because of its rarity, the difficulty you had in trying to find one for your collection or the exceptional "deal" you got on it etc.

Terry

Jim Stettler

Here is one from the show in KS. Technically it was an April find but I am slow to post. This was a deal 2 years to compleation. I paid $350.00 and the phone is damaged. I am very happy with it. As I told the seller John Huckby the next day,"I am glad I didn't try to talk you down, I would of felt bad the next day.
This is my 3rd variation on old SC phones in Uncolored bakelite.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Jim Stettler

Here is my first purchase at the KS show. I haven't opened it but it feels "Light" . I paid $35.00 It will eventually get mounted above a phone boothette I have. Whichever phone I chose to put in it will have a long handset cord.
Jim
1t is about 18" x 18"
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

dsk

At least it is a find, from the container  ;D
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/dsk/library/Telephone/German%20phones/Siemens%20FG54

Its a Siemens, probably nearly 50 years old. My first impression was: "thees bad quality plastic phones!" before i remembered is maybe 50 years old!

If somebody knows anything about this model, please tell me.

Its working, I had to glue on the enameled dial number ring, and the transmitter are noisy. Its working!

dsk

Shovelhead

Does a FREE 1D2 one up you? I received one last week.......

AE40FAN

I guess I am going to have to nominate my Mahogany Automatic Electric Monophone 1A.  All original in fantastic condition considering its age! - $89.99 Plus Shipping ebaY BIN

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=9434.0

AE_Collector

Quote from: AE40FAN on May 17, 2013, 06:13:47 PM
I guess I am going to have to nominate my Mahogany Automatic Electric Monophone 1A.

Oh, I forgot to mention the new "Entrant's Fee" for the "Find of the Month".....

Terry

AE40FAN

Lol, Entrants Fee huh?  and what would that be Terry?

DavePEI

Quote from: AE40FAN on May 19, 2013, 07:20:49 PM
You have to share your winnings with Terry ;D
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

AE_Collector

Quote from: DavePEI on May 19, 2013, 08:52:01 PM

That and a Loonie ($1) will buy me a Seniors Coffee at McDonalds! I discovered not too long ago that most McDonalds are happy with 55 to issue you with a cheap seniors coffee or tea.

Terry

AE40FAN

Well, considering you don' t really win anything I'll gladly share!   

Dugan

I found this Millennium Demonstrator Terminal in a custom made, very heavy duty shipping case, at a a garage sale. It has a demo card and it works. It is not all that old, I understand that it is rare. Sadly there are no keys for it. Apparently these were used at telecommunications shows to demonstrate the technology without  having to set up a server connection. Feel free to correct any of my statements. This is the information I have gleaned since I found it last Saturday. And thanks to Dave for helping me to get it working.

I paid $80 and was the third person to look at it according to the seller. I thought about it for about a minute and paid $80.

Here is a link to the phone in operation: https://picasaweb.google.com/copeda/MilleniumPayphone?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCN3y6-bpo_2jfA&feat=directlink

I accept if its youthful age disqualifies it for this category, but I thought you might want to see it anyhow.

Pete
Pete

Fan of phones old and new, old flashlights, radioactive household items, Geiger Counters, cameras including IR, cult computers and GPS's dating back to the beginning of the technology.

Dugan

Quote from: AE40FAN on May 19, 2013, 10:14:52 PM

Well, considering you don' t really win anything I'll gladly share!   

It is in beautiful shape. Lose the dial and it would look like the "Hot Line" as seen in cold war movies and Batman.

Nice find.
Pete

Fan of phones old and new, old flashlights, radioactive household items, Geiger Counters, cameras including IR, cult computers and GPS's dating back to the beginning of the technology.

AE_Collector

Quote from: Dugan on May 23, 2013, 12:35:47 AM
I accept if its youthful age disqualifies it for this category, but I thought you might want to see it anyhow.

Pete

Can't recall showing anyone the door so far! Normally we might require you to cut a dial into it in place of the touchpad but we will let it go this time. :)

Incidentally, the blue card readers signify a mag stripe only card reader. Later they changed to a yellow bezel indicating mag strip and chip ( smart card) reader. Nortel would make custom Colored and labelled headers for these as well with the Telco's name and logo.

Terry

DavePEI

Quote from: Dugan on May 23, 2013, 12:35:47 AM
I found this Millennium Demonstrator Terminal in a custom made, very heavy duty shipping case, at a a garage sale. It has a demo card and it works. It is not all that old, I understand that it is rare. Sadly there are no keys for it. Apparently these were used at telecommunications shows to demonstrate the technology without  having to set up a server connection. Feel free to correct any of my statements. This is the information I have gleaned since I found it last Saturday. And thanks to Dave for helping me to get it working.

I paid $80 and was the third person to look at it according to the seller. I thought about it for about a minute and paid $80.
Gotta agree, it is a beaut! So rare to find a demo version - the version Nortel never admitted they had. However, this is the second demo Millennium I am aware of, as both its label, and the video as proof!

As a Millennium owner with a wall and two desk Millenniums, I an truly appreciate the value of your find. They are rare as hen's teeth. Meanwhile, all of mine await a connection to the Millennium Manager as all but the Demos do!  :)

Congratulations!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001