paul-f

Yup. That's what I thought, too.   ;)
  https://www.ebay.com/itm/163070630574

US $979.95
From $46 for 24 months

From the description:
Hand crafted and made to order Bluetooth Steam Iron Telephone
A REAL Telephone not a joke listing!

Western Electric TrimLine telephone components inside!!!

The steam iron is made by black & Decker.

Poor cellular reception in the living room?
Great cellular reception in your kitchen?
Pair the Telephone with your cell phone.
Set your cell phone in the kitchen.
Take the Steam Iron Telephone into the living room and you are in business!

Oh the looks you will get when the iron starts ringing and then you put the iron to your EAR and say hello!

Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Key2871

I don't know if it's more a waste of an iron, telephone parts, or time. How ridiculous.
KEN

compubit

Quote from: Key2871 on May 29, 2018, 10:50:35 PM
I don't know if it's more a waste of an iron, telephone parts, or time. How ridiculous.

All of the above!

J
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

FABphones

Because we all want to keep an iron in the living room. I regularly take ours in there to look at.  :o
Scenerio: practical joker swaps out the faux iron for a hot one they've heated up, rings the phone from another room and hides to watch someone rush in there and answer it.....
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

tubaman

How much!
Please tell me it's April 1st!!
:o

Butch Harlow

This has been on there for a while. I jokingly offered 1.00 for it. The seller and I had the most hilarious conversation afterwards. He claimed these sell like hotcakes. I said he shill bids, because it sells with one bid every time. He asked me if I thought it was interesting, I said not really. I told him he killed a perfectly good phone AND iron.
Butch Harlow

twocvbloke

It's the Hotline phone of course...  ;D

Pourme

Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

RotarDad

.....and probably used for some steamy conversations.   ;)

This item is unusual, in that you don't often see someone with technical skills going off the rails into the "up-cycle", "repurpose" world like this.  Someone had lots of time and saw the humor in building such an item.....   With the huge decline in POTS, an item like this has less value that it would have had even a few years ago.
Paul

Key2871

I have seen it on the bay before, and actually thought it was a joke. Someone glued a pad on the underside to look likes phone. But, with the super low price I see is buy it (when you're drunk) now. Well if anyone here buys it well you got too much money and a lot of time for ironing, just don't use it in the same room you iron, or you may end up picking up the wrong iron.
KEN

Butch Harlow

If you check out the seller's other items, he specializes in making older phones bluetooth enabled and adding LED lights to dials. Of all the things he offers, this thing is far, far off even his own beaten path. Originally it was 799.00 which is ridiculous of course, but now he wants even more. I dont think that tactic will work here.
Butch Harlow

Key2871

That's just ludicrous. He's looking down a long long pipe for his dream.
KEN

HarrySmith

Just checked his completed items and he actually sold one! A Black 500 bluetooth for $198!!!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Key2871

Well it would seem someone has more dollars than sense.
It looks like he canablized a 2220C tramline handset to get the dial out of it.
I mean,  the idea of a blue tooth classic phone is all good and great, but a flipin iron?? For hundreds of dollars. Well that's nothing short of stupid. I mean holding an iron up to your ear and talking. I thought a E handset was hard to carry for an hour long conversation, but this ?
Oh, and for those who like payphones, look on you tube for a blue tooth payphone hack. That's actually really cool.
KEN

Butch Harlow

Quote from: HarrySmith on May 30, 2018, 05:51:19 PM
Just checked his completed items and he actually sold one! A Black 500 bluetooth for $198!!!

If it's just one bid, it's a pattern for him. I think he shill bids his own stuff. Look to find it relisted someday soon.
Butch Harlow