News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

getting out of the business....

Started by Babybearjs, August 04, 2017, 08:08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

well.... with the economy the way it is, ebay the way it is, and the fact that I'm loosing interest....I'm getting out of the telephone collecting business.... I sent a few boxes to the JLK Museum and I'm probably just going to keep the rest.... giving them to friends and family as gifts.... I wanted to collect 1 of each color in the 564 series, but that's impossible at the current pricing trend... and availability.... I need to make room for a roommate that has more junk then sense.... and I'm pretty much just tired of not being able to find the stuff I want to restore and try to sell.... someone on ebay even has the gaul to try to sell a caller ID unit for $84.00.... and everyone wants top price for junk right now.... so.....I'm done.... I'll check back here from time to time, but both telephones and computers have gone the way of the dinasour... I donated over 5 PC's to a local charity, and probably will give them the rest of my collection soon if no one want a recycled PC tower.... anyway, I thought I'd share that with you all.... hope to talk to you all again soon.....
John

Dan/Panther

Sometimes I find it's best to walk away for awhile. 6 months could make a huge differenec in both you and the market.
Talk to you again after the new year.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Babybearjs

we will see.... as many phones that I have I hate just dumping them into the thrift store market.... I still have several 300 series phones that I want to wittle down and some AE phones to get rid of... I'd like to kill the guys that invented the cell phone!
John

Pourme

Do you have a Fatboy you would be interested in selling? :)
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

19and41

If you have more than 1 phone, that is a collection and a good reason to stay in touch here.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke