"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Russ Kirk's Phone Collection Video & Pictures

Started by Russ Kirk, April 18, 2010, 04:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jester

Paul,

Thanks for posting those links.  I really like those in the MD colors.  That ivory two-tone looks like chalkware.  Jonathan posted a picture of chalkware minis that he found here.
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=1421.15
He also posted a picture of his 500 keychain collection in this thread.  It is used to decorate a tabletop tree a Christmas.
Stephen

paul-f

Thanks for the link, Stephen.  Those are some great collectons. 

Cataloging the promotional pieces that were made for each telephone model would make a great reference web site.  I'll contribute some photos if someone wants to organize the content.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

BDM

Holy jee-beezies Batman......Some of those 500 collections are incredible :o
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Russ Kirk

Well,  we've been our new home for about 6 weeks and each of our collection rooms are completed. 

I am happy to report not a single phone was damaged in the move.  Of course I did pack them myself and I would not let the movers pack any phones.  I packed from 1-4 phones in a box with handsets double wrapped.  On my woods,  I wrapped all the receivers and transmitters in bubble before wrapping the whole phone.  The transmitter mouth pieces were wrapped separately also and place in the same box as its owner. I was so nervous when they were loading my switchboard into the moving truck.

I had to get new dark shelves for the colored plastics. This allowed me to give the black sets a little more room on the bookshelves.

I have much more room in the new place, not only for working ( work at home 100% now) but also for my golf displays (not shown). 

My wife and I had to plan out where most of the phones went before mounting them.  She rearranged them  and made them more viewer friendly compared to the old house. 

Russ...
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Dennis Markham

Wow!  Russ, great collection and a great presentation.  You have some beautiful phones.

Doug Rose

Quote from: Dennis Markham on October 19, 2010, 08:14:23 PM
Wow!  Russ, great collection and a great presentation.  You have some beautiful phones.
I second that, Russ really nice display. You should be very proud. ...Doug

Kidphone

deedubya3800

I'm currently working on getting two more phones ready to display, and then the current iteration of my collection shall be complete with seven pieces and I'll be sure to post some pics. For now, though, here is a crappy shot of five of them:

Dewdrop

I like that the effect your photo has. When I first saw it I thought it was done on purpose. Really, I did. It kind of looks ghostly (just in time for Halloween).

Seriously, I'm not making fun of your photo.

Debbie
Debbie

Russ Kirk

Just picked up a display case for my phones.  Got it for $40 at a local garage sale.   Here are some before and after photos.   I think it makes the room look more like a small museum. 

Don't pay any attention to the beach bum.....

- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

AE_Collector

Quote from: Russ Kirk on October 11, 2011, 06:23:31 PM

Don't pay any attention to the beach bum.....

No problem Russ, I think I see your surf board just around the corner there somewhere.

Nice display. I like the wall covered with phones like that too. Is that a 551A PBX?

Terry

bigdaddylove

Dennis Markham

Nice display, Russ.  The new cabinet looks very nice.  It doesn't take long to fill up, does it? 

Russ Kirk

Yes,  that is a 551A PBX.  I picked up from Craigslist about 2 years ago from a guy that bought a storage unit.  Only paid $175. So some storage units may have hidden treasures. 

Oh yes,  it did fill up fast,  but it does not look so crowded now. I still have a problem with what to do with about 5 wall phones.

As for the bassets,  I do have two basset telephones elsewhere,  but the real ones were taking a nap on the couch. As usual...

- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Russ Kirk

I've had a some of my smaller wall phones piling up for some time sitting in the closet. I was waiting for the right idea and space to display.  So,  I finally got some time and added a wood board near the ceiling and mounted some of my plastic wall phones a couple DeVeau intercoms. The wood board will allow me to easily move the phones as I get more out of the shed for display.  Here's the photo....
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Doug Rose

Very nice Russ. You have a wonderful display.....Doug
Kidphone