Definetly not the same. see attached.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Desert Phone Guy

The transmitter has the same serial number as in the listing photos.  IDK if the seller is being truthful or if photoshopping is involved here.

My initial contact with the seller after I received the phone was not too pleasant.  "I put disclaimers and said i was not an expert.  I said there may be reproduction parts.  I listed the as a no return auction. You should have asked questions."

I agree that I should have asked questions, but sometimes you just think, well go ahead and buy it, it is probably ok.

So now, do I keep it,  resell it, start arbitration with ebay, take it to the landfill?

Doug Rose

Return it to eBay as not what was advertised. I would to it if it was a $20 sale .....this is more.   

If you choose landfill....I will pay postage to my private landfill.  8) Still a real nice phone....just not what you paid for...Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

If it was mine I would restore & display it. As already stated even the repro hooks have value.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Pourme

This a very valuable, sought after, historical and rare phone....(not rare in the sense of loosely used EBAY adjectives.)

I don't know if I'd be so quick to give it up. Mine needs parts to make it more desirable as well.

Consider holding on to it and eventually you may find the correct parts to make it correct. The value con only increase.

Of course, you should do what you feel is best for you.

Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service