News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Who got this Ivory 302 cheap?

Started by TelePlay, December 26, 2015, 01:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

Listed at 10:13 at $15 with a BIN at $35, it only lasted 12 minutes. I clicked on the BIN as soon as I saw it but it was sold. Had 14 views so who was #14 that took this phone home for $35 plus $18 shipping? I think the seller left some money on the table.

Some cracks shown on the handset caps and maybe one on the lower back edge. Looks like a thick finger wheel.

So, who got a belated Christmas present from Santa Seller?

EDIT: Ooops, forgot the link - thanks WDS for posting it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Bell-System-By-Western-Electric-White-Rotary-Dial-Phone-Hand-Set-40s-/111859252483

RotarDad

I saw that and pressed the BIN as fast as I could also!  Darn, just seconds too late!  It looks like a nice one despite the stated issues.  Hope someone here got a late Christmas present!
Paul

wds

Dave

HarrySmith

I also tried but was too late! Anyone claiming it?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

zapper

Seller had another one listed and sold quickly.
eBay item number:111859232471

wds

Dave

TelePlay

Quote from: zapper on December 26, 2015, 05:32:11 PM
Seller had another one listed and sold quickly.
eBay item number:111859232471

zapper,

Same phone, same listing photos. Seller ended the one you found and relisted it. Must have been an error in it other than the low BIN offered.

But, then, the seller got $15 more for it than what was wanted in this first listing, $20.

TelePlay

Quote from: wds on December 26, 2015, 05:34:41 PM
Wow - three of them

The #2 link is a different phone, with a seamless Ivory handset and no number card but with corner cracks.

And, what's a " . . . and has european wire connection." as stated by the seller . . .  ;)

WEBellSystemChristian

Wow, what incredible deals with both! It's times like this that ebay sellers should use as an example for researching an item before selling it! ::)

I wonder if the seller has any more for sale? If so, they'd be pretty blind not to try researching them first before listing!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Buzby

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on December 26, 2015, 08:40:33 PM

I wonder if the seller has any more for sale? If so, they'd be pretty blind not to try researching them first before listing!

Shhhh! I've got my browser page set to ebay newly listed items, just in case there's another one in there.

AE_Collector

Buyer is Joshua Meyers fron Pennsylvania. Not a member here that I know of.

Terry

tptech302

Yes I was the lucky one to see it and grab it in time, it arrived on new years eve, so didn't get time to put it on as a find of the month for December, not sure if I put it on for January if it truly qualifies, but I will try :-)

It is in pretty good shape, plungers are stuck and has a few usual hairline cracks.

Josh Meyers

AE_Collector

Hah! Shows what I know about who is and is not a member around here! Sorry about that.

Yes you can submit a late find from December for the January Find of the Month, not a problem.

Terry

tptech302

Thanks Terry, I'll get some pics of it on this week sometime. yeah I have been on here for some time, but haven't had much to post recently lol

Josh