News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

NT Meridian KSU and Five Phones

Started by Doug Rose, September 19, 2015, 12:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I picked this up this morning for $3. A NT Meridian KSU and Five Phones. Anyone have any info on this? Just got home and now there is yard work!!....Doug
Kidphone

AE_Collector

NT Norstar 6-16 KSU. Up to 6 CO lines and 16 stations. The name Meridian was just a marketing phase that NT went through. None of those phones work with this system though. At least some of those phones look like KSU-less phones.

This system as equipped needs proprietary Norstar digital phones though NT made ATA modules that can be connected to the ports to turn the port into analog one ar a time.

Dave PEI just had a topic about his Norstar 6-16 in the museum.

Terry

PS: They do make a nice home intercom/phone system as long as you have the Norstar phones with it and dont want to attach POTS phones. How many Norstar phones shall I send you?

twocvbloke

I have one myself, wanted to put it to use with ATAs, but at £20 a pop (at the time, they're about £60 now from some sellers!!), that's pretty pricey compared to a one-off purchase of a Panasonic 616 or 308... :o

Shame though, the system I have (branded as a BT-Nortel, as British Telecom sold them under license) works fine, and even has a connection box which makes hooking them up easier, only I have just the one phone and don't really feel like buying more as their appeal is somewhat limited as it's all electronic... ;D