News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I want these and I need advice

Started by mienaichizu, June 21, 2009, 09:29:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mienaichizu

Today the phone bug bit me again. I saw three vintage phones in an antique shop, a non dial NEC, non dial Signal Corps phone and the other I think its a Siemens magneto phone, each were sold at $100 so its $300 all in all :o. Should I get it? I'll be spending lots of money if I bought it all. ???

foots

Yes, buy all 3. I have 2 dial versions of that Singal Corps phone - you'll like them. Very heavy and very stylish. Oddly though, they have a light weight plastic handset. I'm told the innard's are very similar to a Western Electric 302 and actually use some of the same parts though I don't have a 302 to compare them to.  That phone made by Connecticut Telephone and Electric Corporation. I really like the one next to it also - very stylish.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

Dan/Panther

Make them an offer of $250.00 for all three.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

mienaichizu

Quote from: foots on June 21, 2009, 01:24:56 PM
Yes, buy all 3. I have 2 dial versions of that Singal Corps phone - you'll like them. Very heavy and very stylish. Oddly though, they have a light weight plastic handset. I'm told the innard's are very similar to a Western Electric 302 and actually use some of the same parts though I don't have a 302 to compare them to.  That phone made by Connecticut Telephone and Electric Corporation. I really like the one next to it also - very stylish.

the one to the left of the signal corps phone is a Japanese make NEC, I already have 3 of it. An ivory non dial, aqua blue non dial and a black one with a dial. I want to own a black non dial to pair for my ivory non dial.

Are the price just right for those phones?? ??? Whoa if I bought it all, I'll be releasing lots of money for this.

mienaichizu

Quote from: Dan/Panther on June 21, 2009, 01:29:11 PM
Make them an offer of $250.00 for all three.
D/P

I am still negotiating about the price. I hope they would give it to me at that price.

McHeath

I'd offer some absurd lowball price like a 100 bucks for it all and see what happened.  If those phones have been sitting around there for a while they may take an offer. 

But yeah I agree, 300 is a lot.  I'd probably think twice at that price.