News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What Parts Am I Missing ?

Started by Dan/Panther, October 23, 2008, 06:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

What parts Am I missing to get the dial complete.
I bought some parts from Oldphoneworks, but it wasn't what I needed.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

bingster

There's a sort of key shaped thingy that's held in place by that large screw.  Then there's a dial card ring that clips to that.  You can get 'em on various phone parts sites and ebay:  The clip looks like this:

= DARRIN =

Dan/Panther

Bingster;

I went to Oldphoneworks, and ordered what I thought were the corret card holder ring, and when it arrived it was completely different than what I needed. Would you happen to know  the number of the dialer.
I didn't order the brass part. Now I can see which one I need.
In the instructions I read somewwhere it says the ring is positioned at the 7 number position, then turned and locked at the 6 position. Do you have a photo of the card ring I need ?

D/P

bingster

I'm totally lost when it comes to AE dials, Dan.  Looking on ebay, you see AE dial parts listed as "pre 1960" and "post 1960," so I'm assuming there was some sort of change at that point, and parts from one won't work on the other.  Unfortunately I don't know what the differences are, so I can't tell them apart. They all look the same to me.

I only have one AE dial, and that's on a repro candlestick from the 1980s.  I can't even figure out how to take the ring off to look at it.
= DARRIN =

Dan/Panther

I ordered some more parts from Phoneworks.com,  hope I ordered what I need this time. I had to buy 10 of the rings, but it was only $3.95. So if anyone needs one let me know.

D/P