News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Free: Gone - Phones

Started by liteamorn, December 11, 2020, 04:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

liteamorn

I am giving away most of my collection of phones , I have candle sticks with subsets , I have a bunch of WE 500's assorted colors mostly from 1954-59 most of them need some work especially in the dials, they're a little sticky.  I have a couple of Kellog Red bars (one is a "Dial a Phone wall phone) . I have a WE 202 w/ringer/subset.  And a payphone that looks like an old candlestick version I remembered from my younger days in one gas station in particular. I was later informed that that one is probably a repo.  Also a few WE Princess phones and one 500 that was a retirement gift from WE (it's gold)

Anyway I am in central NJ (Ocean County) take em all or take none and I am going to bring them to Goodwill.  It would be a shame to do that but I am not going to haggle about it.  A week from next Tuesday (12-22) They're all gone....unless one of you folks wants them all first.

I'm not shipping , come and get em

Jim Stettler

A very good deal for someone close. I am not close.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
However, I have a question regarding the retirement set.
Is it shiny (Imperial) gold or gold spray-type finish? Just curious.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And last, an observation:
You can get rid of the associatted symptoms of "Phone-itis", But it is hard to find a cure. In almost all instances it collectors will return to the hobby.
Typically they build a much nicer, focused collection.
Just an opinion.
Jim

BTW,
If they end up at  Goodwill, suggest they go thru the online auctions.  Sometimes they throw away rotary telephones.

There are folks on the forum that would be interested in some of the sets, They would bid on the Goodwill site.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

I would have been on your door step, but I live in Canada.

liteamorn

Thank you gentlemen , I am happy to say the phones have found their new homes .

liteamorn

Quote from: Jim Stettler on December 11, 2020, 06:18:05 PM
A very good deal for someone close. I am not close.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
However, I have a question regarding the retirement set.
Is it shiny (Imperial) gold or gold spray-type finish? Just curious.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And last, an observation:
You can get rid of the associatted symptoms of "Phone-itis", But it is hard to find a cure. In almost all instances it collectors will return to the hobby.
Typically they build a much nicer, focused collection.
Just an opinion.
Jim

BTW,
If they end up at  Goodwill, suggest they go thru the online auctions.  Sometimes they throw away rotary telephones.

There are folks on the forum that would be interested in some of the sets, They would bid on the Goodwill site.
Thank you Jim, and I would have done that @goodwill As for the retirement set, she is dated 4/71 and looks to be sprayed?  It's definitely the newest of all all of the sets

Pourme

~

Did a forum member end up saving the phones?
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

liteamorn

Yes sir, I am happy to say they have found a good home with a forum member which makes me very happy!

FABphones

Quote from: liteamorn on December 11, 2020, 04:52:51 PM
I am giving away most of my collection of phones , I have candle sticks with subsets , I have a bunch of WE 500's assorted colors mostly from 1954-59...
...come and get em

A kind gesture. I truly hope these have gone into a member's collection and not taken fast for a quick flip of free phones.

Perhaps the member will come forward. Photos would be nice.

A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Dan F