News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 27 (previously 28) - Automatic Electric 50 wall phone in GREEN plastic

Started by Dan, April 21, 2009, 12:30:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingster

I received a response to my message.  Turns out he's relisting it under it's correct name.  I don't see why the original auction listing couldn't be edited, but perhaps he doesn't know how.  Odd.

QuoteHi, no, I haven't sold it to anyone, or even had an offer for it though it had 28 watchers on it. I found what I think is the correct name and nickname for the phone, automatic electric ae 50 jukebox, and ended the auction to relist it with that title hoping to reach more potential bidders. It wasn't "searchable" in the ended listing & the only way anyone could find it was by going through catagories. It will be relisted tonight with the new title, in the same catagories it was previously listed in. The auction number will be 290311860869 .
Again, I appreciate you contacting me about it,
Charlie

So let's continue accepting bids, and when the item is relisted, the old link will be replaced by the new one.
= DARRIN =

HobieSport

Well, now Charlie (the seller) knows that there is a lot of interest in it, he won't likely get rooked, and I'm rooting for him.  Has anyone on the forum ever seen a colored AE50 (other than ivory) in that good condition for sale?

bingster

= DARRIN =

HobieSport

I find this all quite interesting and hard to put a price on the phone.  If it was a colored 302 (other than ivory) it would be valued quite high of course.  I don't know how many colored AE50s were made, but my guess is that there were much less made than the 302s.

Just going off of what I've seen on Ebay, there are many more regular black 302s out there than AE50s, and the 302s (un-refurbished and usually untested, no cracks/chips) go for about $30., while the AE50s go for about $80.

So in my meager mind the colored AE50s would be "worth" that much more.  But what do I know?  It is probably silly to speculate.  Anyway, I hope Charlie gets a great price and is pleasantly surprised, like that nice woman who sold the clear original 302 recently.

The fine green AE50 seems to little ol' me to be not only very collectible, but also a very classy and attractive color.  But then, I have a thing for British greens. 8)

Dan/Panther

I told the seller if he took less than $2000.00 he got screwed.
I say $2000.00
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

bingster

The original link has been replaced with the link to the new auction.  I think Charlie's going to be happy with the result.

For those who haven't yet taken a stab at the auction's final price... What are you waiting for?
= DARRIN =

McHeath

The thing is it's a wall phone, and they usually go for less.  I dunno why, I like them and have a couple, but thus it is. 

So, I'm guessing $325. 

I saw one of these over at the coast recently, they wanted 70 dollars for it, black with no chrome and in pretty decent shape.  Don't know if it worked. 

Tonyrotary

Wall phones do seem to be cheaper, but I am guessing somebody will pay quite a bit for a original green AE50. Should be fun to watch!

Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Ellen

Wowie-Zowie.  It was $560 with 5 minutes to go, and then ...  !

bingster

WOW! What a result!  Congratulations to Dan/Panther for his bid, which won even though he was almost a thousand dollars under the final price.   8)

Stay tuned for the next auction, to be posted shortly.
= DARRIN =

HobieSport

Congrats, Sir Panther.  I would be surprised if we see another phone like it.

McHeath

Oy vey, what a price!  Just when you think the economy is dead as a doornail there is something like this on e-bay.  Amazing. 

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson