News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Looking to buy a 1 slot pay phone for game room dont know were to start.

Started by cal981, January 17, 2013, 06:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cal981

So I bid and won a pay phone on eBay . Person said that it would work with any phone line it doesn't work at all . In fact I emailed him and he said he never used it at home cause he had no land line only as a decoration  . So I am back on market looking for a pay phone . I have seen a couple of web sites that offer pay phones for home use.

My question is are the pay phones offered for home use gutted . And don't have there original  circuit boards? Any one know were to buy a pay phone with every thing intact  but ready for home use. Thanks

DavePEI

Quote from: cal981 on January 17, 2013, 06:24:24 PM
So I bid and won a pay phone on eBay . Person said that it would work with any phone line it doesn't work at all . In fact I emailed him and he said he never used it at home cause he had no land line only as a decoration  . So I am back on market looking for a pay phone . I have seen a couple of web sites that offer pay phones for home use.

My question is are the pay phones offered for home use gutted . And don't have there original  circuit boards? Any one know were to buy a pay phone with every thing intact  but ready for home use. Thanks
I guess the best answer is, you don't unless you can see photos of the insides of the phone and know what to look for. I wish it were easier than that, but it isn't.

Makes things difficult, and so many payphones have been cut up over the years by people. The only thing I can suggest, is you contact the sellers of phones, and ask them if they will guarantee that they work, and secondly that it is a reversible modification.

Post photos of the inside of the phone you have so we can see its innards. Perhaps we can help you repair/find its problem.

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001