News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

REALLY strange dream

Started by Bartonpipes, November 20, 2014, 11:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bartonpipes

OK, So last night I had a very strange dream, let me know what you think of it.

A boy and his friend are playing around an area that once was a church but it was bulldozed sometime in the 60's. The one boy spots a strange rectangular hole and decides to jump into it and see where it goes. He realizes this was once the inside of a very large window, and when he turns around he realizes he is standing in a room. He calls up to his friend and his friend comes down and they search for a light switch. They find one and to their surprise the lights work.

They see that they are in a large room and at the end of the room is a table full of food, as though some sort of reception was about to happen. But when they look closer they notice all of the food is very dried out, but still looks like food. They continue to explore and they find two floors of perfectly preserved rooms just like the first one. It looks like some sort of disaster occurred and everyone just dropped what they were doing and left. The boys find stairs on the second floor leading up and at the top of the stairs there is just a piece of wood separating them from outside. They push it out of the way and run home.

The boy tells his father about what they found and that evening his dad goes alone. He enters through the window and sees that his son was right, but he also notices RARE Western Electric and Automatic Electric phones in every room. Being a collector he decides to grab a box and take them all back to his house.

I wish I could tell you there is more but that's all I've got! What do you think it means, should I search abandoned buildings for phones?? (just kidding)

-Andrew
-Andrew

Kenton K

I think you need to do some research and find all the churches demolished in the 60s. Then we'll be getting somewhere.

Kk

HarrySmith

HELL YEAH! Go check out every abandoned building you see! You never know, they say dreams all have a bit of reality in them.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

WEBellSystemChristian

Or you could check out estate sales at Churches that are about to be demolished, rather than already destroyed Churches.

This dream could also reflect something of the Cold War, where activities were stopped to go hiding in a Fallout shelter. This sounds a lot like that, like how a banquet was being prepared but was immediately stopped. Also taking into account the preserved rooms, if the building were to be demolished, everything would be removed, and they would just be empty rooms. The Cold War took place in the '50s, but hey, '60s is close enough!

I know it's just a meaningless dream, but it could have been based around the Cold War subconsciously.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Fabius

How would Sigmund Freud interrupt that dream?
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905