News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What a day!

Started by liteamorn, October 22, 2011, 10:49:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

liteamorn

I finally received my cloth line cord for my 302 . I replaced the existing cord using the same terminals and the phone didn't work. The handset only worked when another phone was in use on the line, it would not break dial tone, or receive calls.

I searched for wiring here and found this phone had connections all over the place and none of them right. Slowly the phone came back to life. First I could hear a dial tone without the aid of other phones. Then I got it to break dial tone and dial. I could transmit and receive, the only thing that it wouldn't do was ring. A few wires later it rang!

I felt great, I got a phone older than me (it is 1948 throughout)to work flawlessly. Then I got to my girlfriends house and she presented me with a new phone!! A 5302 that outside of a good cleaning appears to be in great shape, it only needs a line cord!

What a great day :) !

jsowers

That's great troubleshooting work on your 302. I'm sure you feel a sense of accomplishment. It's amazing how many problems it had. Sounds like some amateur played around with the wires in there.

Post a picture of your two phones, so we can see. Are you running out of places to put them yet?  :)
Jonathan

liteamorn

Jonathan,
I am running out of places but that doesn't seem to stop me from looking for more!

I used the line cord from my 302 to attempt to get my 5302 working and again, after some fiddling around with the wires ( I used the wiring on my 302 as a template) I got it up and running.

I just need to clean it up. There is some heavy scratching on the shell where you would pick the phone up under the cradle that looks like it was sanded, other than that it is in good shape.