News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Finally after all this time!!

Started by AE40FAN, November 20, 2014, 06:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE40FAN

Some of you may remember over a year ago when a FedEx delivered yellow soft plastic WE 500 was stolen off of my doorstep.  That phone was never recovered and probably ended up in a trash bin.  This has been number one on my list since.  I just won this 1955 Soft Yellow 500 with grey cords for a BIN 43.00 including shipping!  Seller states a "bit of a fade" on one side.  Will have to investigate once phone is received.  Finally, after all this time I can hopefully put that bad experience to rest.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/361123015915?

WesternElectricBen

Congratulations!! I'm glad you finally got your soft plastic yellow telephone.

Ben

WEBellSystemChristian

Very nice find! I never knew that you had a phone stolen before you even got to see it in person, my condolences. :'( At least you have a shiny new yellow one!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Russ Kirk

- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

LarryInMichigan

Wow, what a great find!  I sure hope that this one arrives safely.

Larry

Dennis Markham

Looks like a beautiful example.  Gray cords and a great price.  Congratulations!

Where did you say your front porch is located?  Delivery date?? :)

~Dennis

jsowers

Wow! You got the full McLafferty model.  :)   What a great deal! See my post on old brochures. Mrs. McLafferty got a yellow with gray cords installed in her dining room in 1955 and that's my name for this phone.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=1245.msg15731#msg15731

Congratulations, and watch that tracking number closely. When it says "out for delivery" you'd better take the day off or have someone home waiting. It would be a shame to lose this one.
Jonathan

AE40FAN

Thanks everyone!  Hopefully, it arrives safely.   I had it shipped to my parents home to avoid theft. Soft yellow is not easy to find!

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: AE40FAN on November 21, 2014, 08:35:17 AM
Thanks everyone!  Hopefully, it arrives safely.   I had it shipped to my parents home to avoid theft. Soft yellow is not easy to find!
Where do your parents live :)?

AE40FAN

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on November 21, 2014, 10:05:02 AM
Quote from: AE40FAN on November 21, 2014, 08:35:17 AM
Where do your parents live :)?
They live in a castle surrounded by a mote filled with man eating alligators.

AE40FAN

Phone arrived quickly!!  It's in excellent shape showing in my opinion minor storage wear.  All dates match 12/55 with the exception of the handset cord which is from 1956.  I'm thrilled to finally have my soft yellow.  This is way better and less expensive than the one that was stolen from me!

RotarDad

Really nice!  Glad you found an even better replacement.  Of all the colors, I think yellow looks the best with the gray cords - that was a great deal!!!
Paul

Dennis Markham

Very nice phone.  I agree that the gray cords look nice on the Yellow 500's.  Congratulations!

jsowers

I'm glad it arrived safe and sound. It's a beautiful phone. Was the SOuth River 6 number card turned around or did you add it? The black masked cards look really good on these phones. Congratulations on finally getting the best yellow possible.
Jonathan