News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Links to User's Manuals

Started by EdT, November 17, 2011, 01:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdT

Please provide links or depositories of 80's-90's vintage phone manuals or user guides.

Most of these era phone had some sort of memory or speed dial feature that can be programmed through the key pad or aux buttons that are different from manufacturer to manufacturer or even from model to model within the same manufacturer.

I am currently look for the manual for the Priority LE and Jazz series of phones

I will start with a link for some manuals

http://nsegainkc1.aliant.net/knowledge/docs/Repair/PhManuals/PhManuals.htm  ( dead link 2-21-2019 )

Contempra

Quote from: EdT on November 17, 2011, 01:15:56 PM
Please provide links or depositories of 80's-90's vintage phone manuals or user guides.

Most of these era phone had some sort of memory or speed dial feature that can be programmed through the key pad or aux buttons that are different from manufacturer to manufacturer or even from model to model within the same manufacturer.

I am currently look for the manual for the Priority LE and Jazz series of phones

http://nsegainkc1.aliant.net/knowledge/docs/Repair/PhManuals/PhManuals.htm

thank you so much but where can I find some manuals for the shematics of a Vista 100 because I need to repare it , the ringe ring just one time and the sound and the person who call me, is cutting. thanks

Contempra

this link is dead :(

G-Man

Are these the instructions you are looking for?

Quote from: Contempra on December 21, 2013, 10:36:07 AM

this link is dead :(

Phonesrfun

Come to think of it, I have never seen a user's manual for one of these.  Anyone know of one?

-Bill G

unbeldi

Phonesrfun

The only user-definable setting.   :D
-Bill G

G-Man

Quote from: Contempra on December 21, 2013, 02:11:21 PM
thanks g-man but in the same time this link is dead ((( http://nsegainkc1.aliant.net/knowledge/docs/Repair/PhManuals/PhManuals.htm )))

Obviously the link is no longer is service so that is moot.

I'll keep looking for it then but first give me a clue as to who is the manufacturer your Vista 100? There were a number of manufacturers that used that model number.

Contempra

G-Man My first post was a Vista 100 and now I know where to find user manuals. There was a mystery... My message was the link that I reported dead – not nothing else my dear friend... Since the time I found where was the manual for Vista 100 and I thank you anyway anyway :)

G-Man

This is to be informative for all members so please do not think it is directed strictly at you.

When looking for manuals and other information, sometimes it helps to give complete information such as who the manufacturer was. Many of us have vast archives of documentation is it helps us when searching through stacks and stacks of documents.

Also, you mentioned that you found another active link to telephone manuals.

Whenever you find something of use to other collectors it would be nice to let them know; in this case I am sure that others would be appreciative if you posted it.

Thanks-
G-Man

Mr. Bones

Quote from: Phonesrfun on December 21, 2013, 02:36:14 PM
Come to think of it, I have never seen a user's manual for one of these.  Anyone know of one?
Bill G.,

I'd also love to see any / all user information pamphlets, for any of the telephones made.

I also greatly enjoy the very old dial cards that instruct a neophyte how to operate the dial mechanism... makes perfect sense, since they were once new and strange to most folks, especially in non-urban areas.

I think the majority of the user's manual is contained right there in the center of the dial. Granted, the ringer adjustment sheet would be a boon, as well.

Chimps would have it figured in 30 seconds or less, but not Homo sapiens sapiens; we need instructions, diagrams with circles and arrows, and tech support 1-800 numbers lol!!!

Look around, and you'll still notice supraorbital ridges, and even the occasional sagittal crest. They're actually less 'de-volved' than the general populace.  ;D

These devices were conceived, manufactured, and distributed during an era when 'common sense' was not an archaic term.

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus