Main Menu

Auction 237: WE 500 F-51674-R Prototype with Dial Blank - Ended 11-11-16

Started by TelePlay, November 04, 2016, 06:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

19and41

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Partyline4

I've enjoyed reading about this set, and the detective work that went into discovering that this is the same fellow trying to get his money back  ;)

eBay will take about 13%, so he needs to make at least $1060....

Seems to be struggling to take off, unsurprisingly to the fact that the bidders probably know the true story behind it!

I'll say $1065

TelePlay

The last two replies to this contest have been split off and merged with the old and now new discussion of this phone in Auction Talk. Also, the Subject was changed to "Field Trial 500? F-51674-R Discussion" adding the details after the question mark. Those two replies seemed more appropriate to the discussion of the phone in that topic, since it already existed, that the contest topic.

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

TelePlay

Can I just say "ditto" on this one?

Two in a row and in less than an hour, the winner of Auction Contest #237 is WEBellSystemChristian who with, once again, the 2nd entry into the contest offered the winning guess of $663.00 which gave him his 9th auction contest win right on the heals of winning #236. So, congratulations to WEBellSystemChristian for another win in the CRPF Auction Contests and for moving up one rung in the Contest Standings.

The phone was won by r***e ( 216 ) who placed a very high bid yesterday which was higher than one last second snipe placed nine seconds before the auction ended to take the phone home for $617.99. That last snipe increased the price from $210 to $617 but was not high enough to take the phone phone. The auction saw 6 bidders placing 9 bids.

Check out the updated Contest Standings to see who's who through 237 contests and the latest additions to the CRPF Hall of Fame

Thanks again to all who played. As always, there is only one way to get on the winner's board or move up a rung - you have to play to win. Maybe the next contest will be a bit more interesting.

Partyline4