Main Menu

An Old Name That Has Become Off Topic

Started by 19and41, January 17, 2020, 10:44:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

19and41

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Babybearjs

I've seen that name floating around on stuff... along with Bell + Howell... why are these old company names being reused....
John

Dan/Panther

At least the Bell and Howell name is on electronic items most of the time.

While you wait for the service man to come fix your SC telephone, why not do your laundry.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Pourme

~

I have fold Stromberg Carlson fold down steps on my camper.

Not Bakelite.
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Western Bell

Quote from: 19and41 on January 17, 2020, 10:44:37 AM
Wonder how much the name sold for?

They may not have.

Stromberg Carlson Products, Inc. has been around serving the RV market since 1959, according to their web site:

https://www.strombergcarlson.com/

If they were incorporated as Stromberg Carlson Products, Inc. in 1959, that would not have been the same as Stromberg Carlson Telephone Mfg. Co.

The SC Products company probably got the SC URL for nearly nothing in that the internet didn't become active until well after SC Telephones went out of business so SC was probably never registered by SC Telephones, or the URL not renewed many years ago.

HarrySmith

I seem to recall seeing the name Stromberg Carlson on some other product recently but cannot recall what it was. Not Stromberg Carlson Products or Stromberg Carlson Telephone, Just Stromberg Carlson. If it pops into my mind I will add to this post. A lot of company names are similar to others but just different enough to avoid patent or copyright issues. Web hosting is a different ball game, usually includes a bunch of alternates including misspelled or similar names to ensure it comes up in a search.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

andre_janew

I think you could go on eBay and search for stuff with the Stromberg Carlson name on it.