News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Let it Snow...Let it Snow....Let it Snow ( and other weather events )

Started by Doug Rose, February 09, 2013, 08:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Dennis...there are times we are looking for the prize, like tonight for example.   ::)  The snow award is one that we could do without, but it could be much worse. There has been no devastation as I see with other storms across the country and we were fortunate enough to keep our power. Everyone be safe.....Doug
Kidphone

Dennis Markham

Good points, Doug.  It can always be worse.  Good luck with the big prize tonight.

WEBellSystemChristian

It looks like John and I are in Southeastern Wisconsin's first panic-worthy snowstorm (*ahem* Fox6 and TMJ4 :-\)! It looks like I will have to make several passes up and down the driveway with the snowblower!

In reality, it isn't that bad. Here's what it looks like from my bedroom window:
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

TelePlay

Snow ended here about the time the fourth quarter started (8 pm), so missed the end playing with my snow blower for the fourth time today. Not much snow, maybe a foot and a half, but the north wind kept drifting the east west sidewalks closed. Always nice to have a wintry day.

twocvbloke

I think in total we've had about 5 inches of snow, not all in one lump, just spread out over the past month, it just falls, melts, falls, melts, falls, melts, never stays put... :(

Phonesrfun

No snow here since sometime in November when we had less than an inch.  Pretty unusual for us to not get any here in SE Washington State.  In fact, I took the studded tires off yesterday.  We also have not had many really cold days or nights.  My gas bill has been a lot less than usual.

Weird.
-Bill G

Dennis Markham

It's still snowing here at 11:05PM on Sunday night.  It's supposed to end sometime overnight.  The school are closed for Monday.  We have about a foot, give or take a few inches.  The wind is howling though so it's drifting now.  Spring is right around the corner...right?

Doug Rose

Kidphone

AE_Collector

Beautiful picture of Norway Dag! Let me run outside and check for snow here in Barbodos today.......

Nope, nothing. Good thing too as snow might have thrown a wrench into going to rum tasting at Mount Gay Distillery next. Life is tough!

Terry

stub

Terry,
          Yeah, life is tough!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a great time..... stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Doug Rose

Boston is ready for another winter Blast....2Feet  >:( ....Doug
Kidphone

twocvbloke

It's about 10 degrees Celsius here at the moment, no chance of snow any time soon now as the temperatures aren't set to go below freezing over the next week or two...

Contempra

twocvbloke

Blazing sunshine and 8.7 degrees Celsius here today, was a frosty start though, but, it's warmed up a bit... :)

I still want snow though... :(

DavePEI

Quote from: twocvbloke on February 10, 2015, 08:21:24 AM
I still want snow though... :(
You can have ours, then! :)

Blizzard warning in effect.
Storm surge warning in effect.

Today..Cloudy. Snow at times heavy and blowing snow beginning early this
morning.
Amount 30 cm. Wind northeast 20 km/h gusting to 40 increasing to 40
gusting to 70 this morning then to 70 gusting to 120 near noon. High
minus 6. Tonight..Snow at times heavy and blowing snow. Amount 10 to
20 cm. Wind north 70 km/h gusting to 120 becoming northwest 70 gusting
to 120 near midnight. Low minus 14. Cold wind chill minus 29.
Monday..Periods of snow ending in the afternoon then mainly cloudy.
Amount 5 cm. Blowing snow. Wind northwest 60 km/h gusting to 100
becoming west 50 gusting to 70 near noon. High minus 11. Cold wind
chill minus 28.

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001