News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Let it Snow...Let it Snow....Let it Snow ( and other weather events )

Started by Doug Rose, February 09, 2013, 08:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabius

Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

TelePlay

Doug, it's always nice to get a nice, new white coat this time of the year, to cover up all that ugly looking dirty stuff, right?

All that "blue" stuff is heading due east. Ours is coming on Tuesday but it looks like you are in for another multiple day event. Sorry!

Doug Rose

Thanks for cheering me up John  :'(  We had guests over last night and my friend stated that my entrance path to the house looked like a luge track. High 5ft walls and a layer of ice on the walk. BUT.....we are fortunate....no leaks. The Ice dams look like Ice bergs, they are huge. The icicles scare the birds off the feeder when they come crashing down. I haven't seen the neighbors cat lately that cruises the bird feeder like a snack bar. Hope he didn't get to close. Cat kabob.

Just a winter wonder land. Spring is coming!....Doug
Kidphone

DavePEI

Time may be changing this weekend, but not the weather!
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

HarrySmith

Yeah, I heard Spring is a week away! I wouldn't know about that. Today was 88 degrees and sunny. Rain now & tomorrow too.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

DavePEI

Quote from: HarrySmith on March 06, 2015, 09:17:59 PM
Yeah, I heard Spring is a week away! I wouldn't know about that. Today was 88 degrees and sunny. Rain now & tomorrow too.
I can help you keep cool. How many truckloads of snow do you want?  :)
C*NET 1-651-0001

twocvbloke

It's just grotty here today, cold, windy, dull, raining, nto exactly encouraging me to clear the back end of the garden to make way for a veg patch... :o

WEBellSystemChristian

Today is sunny and above freezing, which is actually pretty warm compared to what I've felt these past few months! All I can hear outside is birds chirping ad the steady 'drip, drip, drip' of snow melting. My room is located just under the roof, and I can occasionally hear a quiet rumble, and then a thud on the ground a few seconds later. It's melting snow rolling off the roof!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

WesternElectricBen

42° Fahrenheit here in the Twin Cities. I went for a little walk today and it felt very warm; I am definitely happy to see winter is going away.

Ben

DavePEI

48 cm of snow so far in this weekend's blizzard on PEI. Roads, most businesses, and the Confederation Bridge are completely closed, and the storm continues on with very high winds, snow and blowing snow, and plows are off the roads due to lack of visibility. Once again, our car is gone, and our truck barely visible. Arggh! I love winter!
C*NET 1-651-0001

WEBellSystemChristian

I haven't worn a coat all weekend! It was (and still is) so warm!!!! :o
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

TelePlay

Doug,

The local news in Wisconsin this morning said the Boston area has received more snow this year than any other year since dirt was created. And, they added, you may still get more.

What's up with that?

paul-f

Global warming is apparently stuck on the west coast for now.

Fortunately, the snow pack seems to be melting slowly in our area, so we don't have local flooding issues.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

DavePEI

Still snowing, blowing, and no sign of a plow. The Confederation Bridge is still shut down. We are in it for the long haul, I guess. The PEI Golf industry is hoping they will see grass by August! Island Health Services are restricted to Emergency use only, and people still are being told to stay off the roads. Oh, what a fun day!

Latest update (15 mins ago) from Stormwatch:

"Snow plows attempted to go out at noon in Prince and Queens but due to poor visibility, they were pulled from the roads again. Confederation Bridge is still closed to all traffic"

C*NET 1-651-0001

dsk

A little better here during the weekend.
15 deg C in the sun, so I had to make the dinner at the veranda:
dsk