News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Let it Snow...Let it Snow....Let it Snow ( and other weather events )

Started by Doug Rose, February 09, 2013, 08:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

AE_Collector

Looks like you should almost (?) be able to Walk on Water there dsk!

Terry

NorthernElectric

Quote from: twocvbloke on October 18, 2015, 07:29:10 AM
I've heard via t'internet that there's snow in North Bay, Ontario, in October, in Autumn.......... :o

Canada's weird, I want to live there... ;D

I live about 1-1/2 hours south of North Bay and woke up to a light dusting of snow yesterday.  And I went north to the Almaguin area for the day, and there was more up there plus flurries alternating with sunny breaks all day long.  It's not uncommon for us to get snow in mid-October but it's usually just a sneak preview of things to come and melts within a few days.  A month from now it could be a different story.  When it snows in mid-November, it's often here to stay until mid-April.

I think the heaviest snowfalls were quite a bit southwest of my area south of Georgian Bay due to the wind blowing from the Northwest.  Here is a webcam photo of the Collingwood airport just minutes ago.
Cliff

DavePEI

Quote from: TelePlay on October 18, 2015, 08:46:05 AM
But snow squalls continue north east of here all the way out toward Dave's area and there is snow cover in Canada. It's that Great Lakes thing that Buffalo, New York enjoys each year.
No snow here yet, at least, but there is a forecast of possible flurries tonight - I hope it is wrong, because I hate even the thought of white flakes falling in the autumn! It is a shame, though that the weather system caused the cancellation of the arrival of the Carribean Princess today.
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

AE_Collector

It was a little choppy at sea as we went past Charlottetown, turned around and then headed towards the Saint Lawrence River ahead of schedule. There were small whitecaps and we could feel the ship rocking a bit more than normal. We will cruise up the Saguenay Fjord for a few hours today to use up some of the time we saved yesterday.

Terry

Bridie

Frost on the cars this morning.  Brrrr!  Time to dig out the hat, scarf and mittens.
Bridget

dsk

19and41

Seeing the cold weather coming down the sides of the world made me do the annual clean and lubrication on my furnace.  The leaves are becoming yellower and yellower.  Don't know if we'll get any reds.  Plenty of leaves though.   :P
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

AE_Collector

Here are some for you....just in case....

twocvbloke

Clocks went back for us in the UK this morning, so that means that winter is coming, what kind we get though, nobody knows, despite the claims of a few national bum-fodder newspapers in this country... ;D

andre_janew

Here in the United States, we don't do that until next week.

TelePlay

Hey, Ben, it's snowing at your place.

This low pressure cell is rotating counterclockwise and moving to the east, southeast meaning I'm have the first opportunity of the year to brush snow off of my car in Milwaukee tomorrow morning . . .   >:(

WesternElectricBen

Keep it John, I have not tuned up the snow blower yet, or mowed down the leaves for that matter. :)

Ben

19and41

Earlier this year I posted the blossoming tree where I work.  Now it's the only one that I've seen red leaves on and here they are.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

WEBellSystemChristian

Ugh, I still need to remove the mower deck from the John Deere and install the snowblower. I haven't even got a last-time mow in, but there's probably still some lime left in the year for that!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford