News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Let it Snow...Let it Snow....Let it Snow ( and other weather events )

Started by Doug Rose, February 09, 2013, 08:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

About -3 deg now.
dsk

19and41

Are those the test rocks on the pond?   :D   Beautiful Pictures, they would make nice Christmas cards.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

dsk

It is not far from our street, (about 1 km / 1000 yds)  and the youngsters love to test the ice that way. And of course it is safer tan try to walk out there.
You may see open water under the old pine on the left.

dsk

19and41

I used to do it too.  It doesn't work too well when one becomes heavier than the rocks.  :D
— Arthur C. Clarke

DavePEI

Ready for another blast of Winter on PEI. After a couple of weeks of pure green, we may be white after tomorrow! Lets hope there will still be power!

QuoteA mix of snow and ice pellets with strong winds is expected Tuesday.

A winter storm will approach the Maritimes from the west tonight. Precipitation is expected to begin as snow tonight then become mixed with or change to ice pellets during the day Tuesday. Strong easterly winds are expected to develop across the province Tuesday afternoon.

Snowfall accumulations of 10 to 15 centimetres are forecast by early Tuesday evening with potentially higher amounts over western areas of the Island. Additional snowfall is also likely Tuesday night before tapering off Wednesday morning as the storms moves eastward.

Higher than normal water levels are expected Tuesday night along the north shore of Prince Edward Island.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to weatherASPC@ec.gc.ca or tweet reports to #PEStorm.
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: DavePEI on December 14, 2015, 03:14:02 PM
Ready for another blast of Winter on PEI. After a couple of weeks of pure green, we may be white after tomorrow! Lets hope there will still be power!

QuoteA mix of snow and ice pellets with strong winds is expected Tuesday.

A winter storm will approach the Maritimes from the west tonight. Precipitation is expected to begin as snow tonight then become mixed with or change to ice pellets during the day Tuesday. Strong easterly winds are expected to develop across the province Tuesday afternoon.

Snowfall accumulations of 10 to 15 centimetres are forecast by early Tuesday evening with potentially higher amounts over western areas of the Island. Additional snowfall is also likely Tuesday night before tapering off Wednesday morning as the storms moves eastward.

Higher than normal water levels are expected Tuesday night along the north shore of Prince Edward Island.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to weatherASPC@ec.gc.ca or tweet reports to #PEStorm.
I wish I could trade places with you. It looks like we may have a rainy Christmas this year, for the 3rd year in a row now!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

19and41

— Arthur C. Clarke

DavePEI

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on December 14, 2015, 03:29:10 PM
I wish I could trade places with you. It looks like we may have a rainy Christmas this year, for the 3rd year in a row now!
Well, they are still saying we could have a green Christmas here. It all depends on the temperatures next week. Just like White Christmas happen less often for you, green Christmases are less common for us. To me, I love Green Christmases, because it means easy travel! We have one every 5 years or so...

After the winter we had last year, I would welcome it!
C*NET 1-651-0001

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: DavePEI on December 14, 2015, 03:35:03 PM
Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on December 14, 2015, 03:29:10 PM
Well, they are still saying we could have a green Christmas here. It all depends on the temperatures next week. Just like White Christmas happen less often for you, green Christmases are less common for us. To me, I love Green Christmases, because it means easy travel! We have one every 5 years or so...

After the winter we had last year, I would welcome it!
Actually, only until the last couple years, I can't remember a single Christmas without snow. I may be wrong on my numbers; I think we had snow for Christmas last year, but the year before we didn't.

Almost every year we have had at least one snowfall in November, including this year, then a lull until about mid or late December, then late December or early January we really get hit with a big snowstorm. Most years we get a light dusting overnight Christmas Eve, but now only a couple exceptions where snow came a few days after.
Christian Petterson

TelePlay

Dave,

What does it look like on the ground, where you are? Looks like rain behind it so it won't last long, on the ground, that is.

DavePEI

Quote from: TelePlay on December 15, 2015, 04:56:30 AM
Dave,

What does it look like on the ground, where you are? Looks like rain behind it so it won't last long, on the ground, that is.
Hi John:

Still green to this point, but the snow hasn't yet started on this end of the Island. Snow is forecast to spread from west to east across Prince Edward Island this morning. But the forecast for this end of the Island is: Dec 15 2015 – 6:30 a.m, 1 c., 33.8 f. Snowfall warning in effect. Today, cloudy. Snow beginning this morning then changing to ice pellets this afternoon. Snow and ice pellet amount 5 cm. Wind east 20 km/h gusting to 40 increasing to 40 gusting to 60 near noon. High zero c., 32 f. Tonight, ice pellets changing to snow at times heavy early this evening then to rain showers or flurries after midnight. Snow and ice pellet amount 10 to 15 cm. Wind northeast 40 km/h gusting to 60. Temperature rising to plus 2 c., 35.6 f., by morning.

The West end of the Island is forecast to get a total of 40 cms or better. As a precaution, English and French Schools on PEI are CLOSED for the day. Just hope the power stays on!

Already a number of closures, delays, etc. are beginning to be reported as a result of the impending storm: http://www.cbc.ca/news2/interactives/stormcentre/index.html?region=PE
C*NET 1-651-0001

We are green here as well. Today is 8 C / 46 F with Drizzle rain and cloud cover.

Jim Stettler

Headed off to work today @6:15 AM (for a school district)  The school kids were on a 2 hour delay as of 6:00. When I got to work (6:30) they updated it to a snow day. That means a free day off for me.
Happy Snow day,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

WEBellSystemChristian

I just took a quick picture outside of my Auto Shop at my school. It's chilly, but wet from the rain we've been getting and snow-free. :'(
Christian Petterson

19and41

We don't have any snow to show off yet, but I saw something special on my after dinner walk here at work.

— Arthur C. Clarke