News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Let it Snow...Let it Snow....Let it Snow ( and other weather events )

Started by Doug Rose, February 09, 2013, 08:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick in Manitou

After a month or so of very spring-like weather where many days were nice and warm with a couple snow storms mixed in, Easter brought us a surprise.

Well, the more moisture, the fewer fires I guess.

Nick   

TelePlay

This was taken during my morning drive into work, Friday April 8th, 2016 at 7:30 AM and it snowed off and on all day long. Pretty but pretty late in the year . . .  22 degrees F here right now at 10 pm and the grass is covered with about a half inch of new snow - the Robbins will be going hungry for a few days.

Phonesrfun

Quote from: TelePlay on April 09, 2016, 12:49:20 AM
This was taken during my morning drive into work, Friday April 8th, 2016 at 7:30 AM and it snowed off and on all day long. Pretty but pretty late in the year . . .  22 degrees F here right now at 10 pm and the grass is covered with about a half inch of new snow - the Robbins will be going hungry for a few days.

That's about all the snow we got all season long this last winter.  It has been really screwy here. 
-Bill G

19and41

The robins and mockingbirds are out in force down here.  40s in the mornings and 70s in the afternoon.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

dsk

We had a little snow at home earlier this week, but the spring is just around the corner, and we try to open up the connections between East and west:  http://tinyurl.com/j8z7gaf
I did not find a way to download this video, so I really hope the lin works for a while.
dsk

twocvbloke

It's been snowing pretty much every day for the past week here, not settling on the ground though (except for yesterday morning, but that melted within a couple of hours), spring started then winter came back over here... ???

19and41

The big pollen is about done here.  I keep seeing little robin egg blue shells about and young squirrels all over.
— Arthur C. Clarke

Nick in Manitou

Every year the weather messes with us.  Lots of very spring-like weather and then...more snow.
On Easter we had quite a bit.
Had several very nice periods since then with some snow mixed in here and there.
Now, on the 28th of April they are forecasting 5-8" of snow over the next couple of days!

(Edit:  We are at 7100 ft above sea level on the eastern face of the Rocky Mountains in Colorado.)

dsk

When I went to bed, it was spring, but 06:30 this morning:
dsk

19and41

— Arthur C. Clarke

TelePlay

No biggie, I guess, but with it being 37-39 degrees F here this morning, there were a few snow flakes in the air at times from 10 am to noon. Nothing stuck but it was not what I call a beautiful spring (mid May) morning.  :-\ Cold again tomorrow with a high in the mid 40s F.

dsk

This is the second night with freezing temperatures during the night, so the winter might be right around the corner.
On the other hand this has been the statistical longest summer in the Oslo area ever, we have had more than 100 summer days per definition. (definition: days witch the maximum temperature reaches at least 20 deg C)

dsk

19and41

Fall seems to be coming on fast here, but the summer has been so dry, it looks like the trees are calling it quits a bit sooner.
— Arthur C. Clarke

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: 19and41 on October 06, 2016, 09:15:01 AM
Fall seems to be coming on fast here, but the summer has been so dry, it looks like the trees are calling it quits a bit sooner.
Are you having a dry Fall?

We sure aren't in Wisconsin. It's been raining non-stop for the past 2 weeks! That may turn into snow pretty soon... :o
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

twocvbloke

Still relatively mild here in Blighty, temperatures up to about 18 degrees Celsius in most places (barely scraping 14C here), we may (and this is based on extremely loose guesstimates) have a couple of weeks of warm weather again at some point, but we shall see... :)

Of course, the usual annual boy crying wolf "weather predictions" have been published in some of the daily papers, saying that we'll have "the worst winter yet on record", and apparently it'll be "in 6 weeks time", but it's the same rags printing the same story every year, and it never holds true, because it's just plucked out of thin air and given approval to be printed without actually fact-checking first... ;D