News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Let it Snow...Let it Snow....Let it Snow ( and other weather events )

Started by Doug Rose, February 09, 2013, 08:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

The plow went trough here yesterday, struggling pretty much due to half the road is dug up to lay fiber. So within a few months we will probably (hopefully) have a stable internet.

And I have shuffled a lot of snow :-)

dsk

twocvbloke

There was a brief snow shower here this morning, nothing of consequence though, it'd been raining previously so it all just melted on contact with the ground, but apparently Tuesday night might have some snowfall that results in laying snow, we shall see though...  ;D

dsk

twocvbloke

Forgot to mention, tuesday night/wednesday morning, we got snow, was mostly gone by mid-afternoon though...  ;D

19and41

We still have temps in the upper 70s F, dry weather and wild fires covering the Atlanta area with smoky air.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Contempra

Hi to all . Well , we are not hurry to get snow  .. where i am , we have no snow or slush .. and i'm in Quebec , sure , depending where you are in Quebec , some people have snow ..Have a great day to all ;)

19and41

It was announced today that with 24 straight weeks with no rain we are in a drought with no more car washing nor other frivolous water usage.  I guess our snow will be cancelled this year too.

Sorry, it was 31 days without measurable precip.  That's still mighty dry.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlanta/governor-declares-level-2-drought-response-in-georgia/468102657
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

TelePlay

Quote from: 19and41 on November 17, 2016, 05:31:16 PM
. . . I guess our snow will be cancelled this year too.

You wish . . .

Did my magic today to keep all snow away from my area for at least one to two months. Cut the lawn, put the lawn mower into winter storage mode, changed the oil in my snow blower, gassed it up and it started on first pull. Put it into the shed ready for use . . .

The magic is, every year I do this early (68 F here today with sunny skies), the snow blower does not need to be used until, say, next year. Had I not switched over today, we'd have a foot of snow by Saturday and I'd be changing oil in slush and cold, windy finger freezing weather.

No rain? Apparently, you haven't washed your car within the past 24 weeks . . .  ;)

BTW: Blizzard warnings out for South Dakota and Nebraska today . . .

TelePlay

Went down to the dungeon tonight to try and find something (success!) but while looking, turned on the radio and what to my wondering ears did I hear? None stop Christmas Music on our local high powered FM radio station. This year starting one week before Thanksgiving . . .

And it's still snowing in Nebraska and South Dakota . . .    'tis the season, I guess.

twocvbloke

Light dusting here this morning, though I'm sure if I look at one of the daily rag websites, there'll be horror stories of abandoned cars and overturned cars in ditches, always is after a light dusting over here... ::)

Quote from: TelePlay on November 17, 2016, 06:11:58 PMDid my magic today to keep all snow away from my area for at least one to two months. Cut the lawn, put the lawn mower into winter storage mode, changed the oil in my snow blower, gassed it up and it started on first pull. Put it into the shed ready for use . . .

I have my own method, I just own winter boots, presently so disused it looks like a spider has set up home in one of them...  ;D

The winter before I got them it was pretty snowy, the winters that have followed since, barely anything of any consequence, so I guess for as long as the boots are on standby, there'll be no call to use 'em...  ;D

AE_Collector

That spider might factor into the anti-snow weather prognostication though. If he has been holed up in there long enough and by now happens to be "armed", you might get into a shootout if you were to need your boots suddenly. This fact could offset the anti-snow "winter boots at the ready" effect.

I am waiting for pictures from John of all his neighbours yards buried in snow while his yard is still green and dry due to his recently serviced and ready to go snow blower standing by!

Just one heck of a lot of rain here in GreatercVancouver with relatively mild temperatures that are making it to 9-11C (48-52F) each day now.

Terry

TelePlay

Quote from: AE_Collector on November 18, 2016, 11:35:34 AM
I am waiting for pictures from John of all his neighbours yards buried in snow while his yard is still green and dry due to his recently serviced and ready to go snow blower standing by!

Just one heck of a lot of rain here in GreatercVancouver with relatively mild temperatures that are making it to 9-11C (48-52F) each day now.

I wished it worked that way!

And while they have 8-16 inches of solid rain in Nebraska and South Dakota this morning, like you Terry, we have rain on our green grass in Wisconsin, and I just heard a bit of thunder while my neighbor cuts their lawn (and now we have a downpour with pea sized hail - does that count as snow?)

BTW, Terry, looks a bit white to the east of you . . .

DavePEI

You guys keep your snow there -  we don't want it up here!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

twocvbloke

Quote from: AE_Collector on November 18, 2016, 11:35:34 AM
That spider might factor into the anti-snow weather prognostication though. If he has been holed up in there long enough and by now happens to be "armed", you might get into a shootout if you were to need your boots suddenly. This fact could offset the anti-snow "winter boots at the ready" effect.

I evicted the spider earlier this morning, just incase of such an eventuality...  ;D

I did rehome it in the pile of to-be-burned-in-the-firepit paper & cardboard boxes though, it'll be nice and warm in there, might be a bit too warm though......... 8)

WEBellSystemChristian

Woke up to see this this morning...

This is fairly early for snowfall for us. Must be Global Warming...err...Climate Change... ;D

I'm sure John sees the same thing outside his window.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford