News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Let it Snow...Let it Snow....Let it Snow ( and other weather events )

Started by Doug Rose, February 09, 2013, 08:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

I must have missed something dsk. What are you recovering from?

Whatever it is....Don't walk out on that dock! Looks like a good place to slip on the ice and fall into the water.

Very beautiful from a safe distance!

Terry

TelePlay

Did something yesterday, December 1st, that I've never, ever done in my more than a handful of decades of living in Wisconsin.

I put a coat of carnauba paste wax on my car OUTDOORS!

With the Jet Stream running west to east in a straight line across the US - Canadian border, to freezing temps have been held to the Canadian side for weeks now and the warm, southern air has been covering Wisconsin.

It was in the 50's yesterday and with the TV weather look at me because I'm pretty bobbleheads saying it will turn winter this coming week, I did what I'd been putting off for months, getting the car waxed for the slush and salt of winter.

Usually a later September project so December 1st is a first for me, up here.

dsk

Quote from: AE_Collector on November 12, 2017, 10:25:12 AM
I must have missed something dsk. What are you recovering from?

Whatever it is....Don't walk out on that dock! Looks like a good place to slip on the ice and fall into the water.

Very beautiful from a safe distance!

Terry

I had something like a prolapse, so one morning, I 4 months ago, I woke up with pain in my legs, and back, and could not move in the bed, I  needed an ambulance to get me to the doctor.  They tells me that it could happen to anyone and the do not know why.  I still have some problems but are back in 55% work, and the medicines are pretty tough against my stomach, so I have been put on even more medicines....  one trip today and took a picture on the return from the lake, we really live in a nice wally, just 1 hour by bus from Oslo.

dsk

19and41

Be careful about your stomach, it is painful when the lining is disturbed.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Pourme

~

We are expecting our first snow of the season today.

Looks like we will get our first snow before some of my friends in the North this year.

Made me think of my Pekingese, Sam then 10 months old, and his first experience in the snow in Jan. 2016.

Enjoy!

Benny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97rFgKWwoO8

Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

19and41

— Arthur C. Clarke

19and41

It's trying to snow here, but it's not doing a very good job of it.  I just hope we don't get a coating of ice that pulls the electric lines together.
— Arthur C. Clarke

HarrySmith

There is a cold front coming to South Florida! Yesterday it snowed in San Antonio Texas.
This weeking we are supposed to get down to the low 40's! Thats freezing for down here!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

dsk

Heard about the fires in CA on the news, I hope that it's turning out well for my friends, but we should pray for everybody's safety. It seems as if firefighters do a formidable job.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1TOEFA857tOVxtewW1DH6neG1Sm0&hl=en&ll=33.912647476663125%2C-117.52982265625002&z=10

Pourme

Here in Western North Carolina, we are in the middle of the flow of snow!

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

WEBellSystemChristian

Here's outside an upstairs window in Southeastern Wisconsin as of 12-09-17. The new vehicle addition to the family doesn't seem to appreciate the snow... ;D
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

AE_Collector

Just fog here in a Greater Vancouver. We look over the Fraser River and a 10 lane bridge but when the fog rolls in that all disappears except for the top of the bridge towers! We have had various amounts of fog for the last week or so as overnight temperatures hover around 0C/32F. BUT...we will accept that going forward as it sure beats last winters continuous snow fall that started December 5 and seemed to keep snowing into March and I think we even had some more in April. Just before the snow started falling we had given our low miles 2005 Honda Civic to our daughter and bought a new Honda CR-V AWD which was absolutely excellent in the snow that started soon afterwards.

Here is a short CRPF topic about the bridge:
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=8073.0

Terry

dsk

Hakada, Norway today:
The sun is ready to hide behind that peak.
dsk

19and41

— Arthur C. Clarke

TelePlay

Quote from: dsk on December 19, 2017, 01:33:38 PM
Hakada, Norway today:

Are those steps on the roof leading to the chimney and if yes, why? What would they be used for?