News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Let it Snow...Let it Snow....Let it Snow ( and other weather events )

Started by Doug Rose, February 09, 2013, 08:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

-8-10 deg C (~14 degrees Fahrenheit) and our first trip in to the woods since I got my prolapse.

My old Coleman 440A stove converted to Leather pump packing  works great, so a quick rest with some stew was welcome as an outdoor lunch.  (The tracks on the ice are from elk(s).  )

dsk

TelePlay

Is that SPAM in the pot? Love the stuff, much better than C-Rations and light to carry.

Nice photos, you have one of the best locations year-round for photography.

dsk

19and41

My poor old cactus got it...   bad.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Pourme

~

Here's what it looks like in Western North Carolina....
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

HarrySmith

The weather map this morning showed a line of snow storms from Florida to Maine!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

AE_Collector

Haven't seen any weather reports from the dashboard in your car lately Harry!

10C/50F here today in Vancouver...and not raining. Usually here at this time of year "if it isn't raining, it's about to start!"

Terry

twocvbloke

It snowed here through the night, left about 2-3" on the ground and has been about 1 or 2 degrees Celsius through the day, so, a bit chilly, apparently there's an "Amber alert" for "heavy" snow tonight, we shall see though... :)

19and41

We got a few inches of snow last night.  the roads are covered in ice and the temps have remained around 22F.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

dsk

No pictures this time, life has become a little unusual here, we have not that that much snow since 20 yrs. back. The buses do not go the last 10 kilometers from home, and the roads are note good. My daily life is mainly 4 things: Eat, sleep, work, shuffle snow!

dsk

AE_Collector

dsk

Greg G.

Quote from: dsk on January 06, 2018, 09:00:03 AM
-8-10 deg C (~14 degrees Fahrenheit) and our first trip in to the woods since I got my prolapse.

My old Coleman 440A stove converted to Leather pump packing  works great, so a quick rest with some stew was welcome as an outdoor lunch.  (The tracks on the ice are from elk(s).  )

dsk

Any ice fishing?  I've yet to experience fresh-caught fish for breakfast.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

twocvbloke

It snowed a fair bit yesterday morning, dropped about 6 or 7 Inches of powdery snow, and as a result, a lot of things closed (schools, colleges, businesses, etc.) because we fail at winter, but I got the day off college anyway, and looking outside, well, through my IP Camera, it's snowing again right now, my shovelled path through the snow in the yard has turned white again already!!  ;D

That said, I like snow, cos I'm one of them oddballs who loves the stuff... :)

dsk

;D Of-course the pictures comes when the weather is good, we have about 60-70 cm (2ft) compact heavy snow, but it looks nice, it is not to cold. The snow improves the insulation of the roof.  and we got less than 2 cm last 24 hours so that nice.

I hope the local sports-club earns money on their downhill slopes this winter. Not easy to run a business on hobby bases, and they do a great job for the children of the wally.

dsk

https://goo.gl/WCc8Ai