News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Let it Snow...Let it Snow....Let it Snow ( and other weather events )

Started by Doug Rose, February 09, 2013, 08:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

19and41

When I lived up north, we had less snow to deal with, but I remember after a few snows trying to figure out where to put the snow I had shoveled so I could shovel more, without "walling in" the cleared areas.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Fabius

It's been a cold hard winter so far this winter in La Porte, Indiana. We are near Lake Michigan and get that lake affect snow.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

AE_Collector

And up here in the Great White North, Vancouver in this instance, the winter that stands out for total snow fall was 2008 when we had 40 inches fall over the winter.

Terry

dsk

To day I observed a phenomena I know I have seen before, a very bright light on the sky, so after the daily snow shuffling we took a trip in the woods.
dsk

WEBellSystemChristian

Wow, that looks beautiful!!

I would tell you to keep walking to get more pictures, but that would disturb the beautiful, untouched snow.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

19and41

— Arthur C. Clarke

Pourme

Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

compubit

A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

WEBellSystemChristian

Yesterday, it seems that every weather report predicted that Waukesha would only see some mild ice this morning. I woke up to find a foot of wet, thick, slippery snow on the ground. I tried turning my truck around in my driveway, but since the top section sits on a relatively mild incline (maybe 10-15°) I started sliding down sideways.

The plow trucks didn't seem like they were ready for it either--the roads were just barely plowed enough for traffic to get through. I had to shove my truck through a 2-foot wall of snow at the end of the driveway where a plow truck cleared the road.

I ended up getting to work 2 minutes before my shift started. Good thing I have four wheel drive!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

dsk

I have collected some snow here, so if need it, you may come and get some :-)
dsk

jsowers

Christian, you need to investigate how much a snow plow blade for the front of your truck would cost.  ;)  My neighbor across the road is a landscaper and he has one on his landscaping truck.

Last week in central NC we had a 6" snowfall that was a little unexpected and arrived later than predicted. Our DOT crews sprayed salt brine on the main roads, and that helped a little until it got down to 16 at night. Finally the sun came out and the temps got above freezing and the snow plows could do their work on the secondary roads and we were no longer "snowed in." We have a four-wheel drive truck but thankfully nobody had to go to work, so we waited it out. I did feel sorry for those who couldn't take a day off. I was also glad I got our greenhouse heater fixed with a new thermostat.
Jonathan

19and41

It got  back up into the 60's last weekend.  That's winter I can live with!
— Arthur C. Clarke

HarrySmith

Quote from: jsowers on January 23, 2018, 01:45:27 PM
Christian, you need to investigate how much a snow plow blade for the front of your truck would cost.  ;)  My neighbor across the road is a landscaper and he has one on his landscaping truck.

Then you can make some extra money when it snows plowing your neighbors driveways! I used to do plowing when I lived in Connecticut. Lots of cash!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

AE_Collector

Your move to Florida fatally wounded that business of yours Harry!

Terry

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"