News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Let it Snow...Let it Snow....Let it Snow ( and other weather events )

Started by Doug Rose, February 09, 2013, 08:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

I like all the nice pictures you share here, and here are some from where I live, the first is for illustration of my new collection .... of  snow  ;D

dsk

19and41

That snow is nice to look at.  I still think you could sell stock pictures for greeting or post cards.  I'd hate to have to keep shoveling it to get out or around, though.   ;)
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

dsk

It is more than enough now, and everything is moved there manually (0-15 yds)
I have approx 1 yd heavy snow on the roof, so that is the next job. Have to take it carefully and evenly on both sides so the roof not will collapse.
dsk

AE_Collector

At least a white snow collection doesn't discolour in sunlight. It has other stability problems though.

Don't try that ladder "set up" in the winter dsk! Next time you or I am painting let's get together!

Terry

dsk

A good Idea! I think if I collect enough snow, I may build my own glacier  ;D  and save the world from global heating.  ;)

dsk

AE_Collector

Why don't you hold your own "competing" Winter Olympics!

Vancouver would have paid you top dollar Krone for some of that "delivered" for our "Winter Olympics 2010"!

Terry

19and41

Quote from: dsk on February 11, 2018, 10:01:24 AM
It is more than enough now, and everything is moved there manually (0-15 yds)
I have approx 1 yd heavy snow on the roof, so that is the next job. Have to take it carefully and evenly on both sides so the roof not will collapse.
dsk

I wondered what steps you took as to roof loading when I saw all of those heavy roofs.  We are getting lots of water here straight, no ice and it is starting to flood in the lower areas.
— Arthur C. Clarke

dsk

As usual only photos of nice weather. Everybody in this aria has shuffled snow from the roof, at least once.  We have our main snow depot in the slop aside the house, and now the snow bank is about 3-3.5 meters (=yds) high, far higher than our shed. I guess I have stored about 75 m^3 by hand shuffeling :D   (
2648.600ft³) :o    Here comes the picture of/from today:

dsk

AE_Collector

You have some serious snow there dsk! Is it more than normal or just typical? Serious icicles as well.

What are the black boxes on the concrete wall? I thought maybe Post Boxes considering how well their access has been cleared. But it looks like large pipe or conduit to them as well.

Terry

twocvbloke

Apparently next week us brits are in for a "snowmageddon" according to disreputable daily rags, I'm positive it'll be nothing like what DSK has there, just a little cold and a bit of snow probably...  ;D

19and41

It's 74 F  here today and it's supposed to reach 80 this weekend.  I'll have to run the mower over the yard this weekend.
— Arthur C. Clarke

twocvbloke

19and41

It looks like the groundhogs didn't get it right down this way.
— Arthur C. Clarke

dsk

Quote from: AE_Collector on February 22, 2018, 10:27:07 AM
You have some serious snow there dsk! Is it more than normal or just typical? Serious icicles as well.
About 4 times the normal amount of snow, only lived here for 20 years, and this is the first time I have had to remove snow from the roof.
The icicles are bigger than ever, but that house in the neighborhood is extreme, and it made a good motive.
Quote from: AE_Collector on February 22, 2018, 10:27:07 AM
What are the black boxes on the concrete wall? I thought maybe Post Boxes considering how well their access has been cleared. But it looks like large pipe or conduit to them as well.

Terry
Yes it is our mailboxes, we had recently to put them up together so the mailman not have to stop at each house, new regulations!   

dsk

PS we had -10 in the morning and got +2 in the sun. Now at 21.40 its -10.5 deg C
DS