News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Let it Snow...Let it Snow....Let it Snow ( and other weather events )

Started by Doug Rose, February 09, 2013, 08:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

compubit

Quote from: jsowers on March 12, 2018, 11:46:35 AM
Here in NC we have light snow falling with about an inch on the ground and the weeping cherry trees are blooming and the hyacinths are up. They say it could be up to five inches, but it's one degree above freezing and it's not accumulating on the roads yet, thank goodness. The folks in the southern part of my county are just getting rain.

Doug, it's on its way straight to Boston, according to the folks at the Weather Channel. So you and my cherry trees can both weep.  :'(  I hope your power stays on. At least you're prepared.

It looks like it's going to bypass Washington, DC, which is good for our cherry blossoms (and traffic!).  I was supposed to be in NC this weekend with my nephew visiting NC State's Engineering Program (he's a Jr. in HS), but am a little under the weather, so I bowed out...

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

jsowers

Quote from: compubit on March 12, 2018, 04:51:11 PM
It looks like it's going to bypass Washington, DC, which is good for our cherry blossoms (and traffic!).  I was supposed to be in NC this weekend with my nephew visiting NC State's Engineering Program (he's a Jr. in HS), but am a little under the weather, so I bowed out...

Jim

In two days you won't be able to tell it ever snowed here in NC. We didn't get very much, maybe two inches on the grass and it's already melting. Our Yoshino cherry trees haven't started blooming yet, but it won't be long.

NC State is a great place. I have several relatives who went there. One was a chemical engineer with Dow Chemical. Yes, the whole storm front is headed out to sea and then it's going to build up steam and go charging into Massachusetts like the Redcoats. So it's Two if by Sea, recalling the poem about Paul Revere.
Jonathan

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Pourme

Here in Western NC....We got maybe 2" of snow by noon. By 2pm you couldn't tell it had snowed at all. Fastest snow storm ever!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Doug Rose

We got 24" of snow in Framingham MA!! It was supposed to be light and fluffy but it was wet and heavy, at least that is what Jan told me. I was no help with my new hip. Janet did the whole driveway and the walks. What a girl!

On the positive side, the third Nor'easter in two weeks did leave the power on for us. Seeing all the damage in the surrounding communities, we we very fortunate....Doug
Kidphone

paul-f

I live a few miles north of Doug.

We lost power during the previous two storms, but kept it this time!  ;D

It's beautiful out there...
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

paul-f

Quote from: HarrySmith on March 14, 2018, 05:19:28 PM
Beautiful??
Looks pretty cold to me!

Cold?

Nah -- it's almost spring. Temp today was in the high 30s. Light jacket weather. In fact, I just came in from enjoying the outdoors for a few hours wearing jeans, a light flannel shirt and a lightweight down vest.

Some folks pay big bucks to travel to resorts to get this, but Doug and I have it in the back yard.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

HarrySmith

Yeah, I spent most of my life living in Connecticut, only been in Florida for about 12 years or so. I used to say cold was single digits but not anymore! This morning it was down to 45 degrees! BRRRRR!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

dsk

I know where  the shed is  :)

dsk

twocvbloke

dsk

I have to dig a little, or wait for the spring, and that seems to be late this year.

dsk

19and41

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

twocvbloke