News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Let it Snow...Let it Snow....Let it Snow ( and other weather events )

Started by Doug Rose, February 09, 2013, 08:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Here Come Those Tears Again.  Fourth Nor'easter in less than three weeks barreling at us. At least Tuesday is the first day of Spring  :'(  ....Doug
Kidphone

19and41

We just had a big thunderstorm/tornado/ cataclysm move through the Atlanta area.  I just beat it getting home.  The winds were wailing and the rain pounding and then...  silence.  That's all, folks!
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

twocvbloke

We had a bit of snow over the weekend, the rags called it "The mini-Beast", seems we can't have wintery weather without some sensationalist rubbish name for it...  ::)

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

19and41

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

dsk

We just passed this house  ;)

dsk

dsk

Easter time use to have some nice winter weather too, here is a picture from Lillehammer + some from Lillehammer train station. ( I believe we have som trainspotters and clock people here too)., and some more from Hakadal.  (-14 this morning)

The last one showing that we still have some snow left, I am 6 feet 4 inches tall.

dsk

dsk

And we got more snow today, 2" and more will come tomorrow... :'(

I'm waiting for the spring  ;)

dsk

jfisher

Snowing here in Port Huron, MI. this morning. I believe spring was canceled.

Jerry

HarrySmith

Only 82 degrees here the past couple of days. Gets down to around 70 at night.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

dsk

twocvbloke

It's snowing here right now, having rained a lot earlier though, it's trying to settle, but melting fast, so it's quite sloppy outside right now...

dsk

It is melting more during the day, tan whats coming down, but here is what came tonight.

And of-course I have to admit to be influenced by trends, so as you can see I tend to always look at the phone, and have it relatively close wherever I am.  :D

dsk

PS more about the phone: https://goo.gl/Z8njhF
DS

dsk

Do we have a voltage drop, or, why does it look like this?
This melted hole in the snow contains a junction box for fiber (not visible) The old telephone distribution box and a box containing the service fuses for a number of houses close to mine.

I guess we could get in 3 or 4 men in to that cave.

dsk

AE_Collector

Must be something in there pulling power to operate and it's melting your snow! Maybe see if they can install some more of them!

Terry