News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Let it Snow...Let it Snow....Let it Snow ( and other weather events )

Started by Doug Rose, February 09, 2013, 08:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

19and41

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

TelePlay

Regular Member Post

A Hunting & Fishing group installed a good, 360° webcam with zoom at the harbor entrance to my home town, a small city of about 2,000 people on the west side of Lake Michigan, about 43° North.

We had a major snow storm come through over the last 24 hours giving us in Southern Wisconsin 6 to 10 inches of snow but as the low pressure cell moved north east over the lake, it created a Nor' Easter in that town, a blizzard like those I remember from childhood. Winds out of the North East blowing right down the harbor channel.

Here are two before and during photos taken a few days apart which show winter life on a Great Lake when it gets bad.

AL_as_needed

And I'll be getting that same storm tonight and into tomorrow. If I can make it to the post office, Ill spot the return postage and send it back your way John.  ;D
TWinbrook7

TelePlay

Regular Member Post

Yes, I took the radar image about noon to see when it would stop snowing here, about 1 PM, and notice the whole state of Michigan and the eastern part of Ontario were being affected as it tracked toward Toronto and Kingston, happy Tuesday snow day . . . 

Sorry.

For not getting any snow until last week, we now have close to 2 feet total snow fall from two storms. But it is almost February so in another 30 days, the better title for this topic will be "Let it Melt...Let it Melt....Let it Melt!"

Key2871

I CAN'T wait till spring... It's too late already. Just in case nobody knows.... I hate winter's.
KEN

dsk

Less snow so far this winter, but I just woke up to -15 deg here (06:00)
dsk

Quote from: TelePlay on January 28, 2019, 08:58:43 PM
     Regular Member Post

Yes, I took the radar image about noon to see when it would stop snowing here, about 1 PM, and notice the whole state of Michigan and the eastern part of Ontario were being affected as it tracked toward Toronto and Kingston, happy Tuesday snow day . . . 

Sorry.

For not getting any snow until last week, we now have close to 2 feet total snow fall from two storms. But it is almost February so in another 30 days, the better title for this topic will be "Let it Melt...Let it Melt....Let it Melt!"

Missed us by that much! We got about 1" of fluffy snow. I can live with that.  :)

Key2871

I have to admit, we've gotten of easy so far, except the cold.
But early on it was wet heavy snow, I've have three driveways in my area I do, so trucking from one to the next to the next isn't easy to do with wet snow. I'm hoping this one will blow by with less than they predict.. fingers crossed..
KEN

Bob S

01/29/2019 tuesday I live in the state of corruption (Illinois) Weather for cast for Wednesday 50 Below Perfect example a cold day in Hell-inois

HarrySmith

We have not gotten any snow but it has been cold, down to 37 degrees this morning!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Quote from: HarrySmith on January 29, 2019, 08:10:28 AM
We have not gotten any snow but it has been cold, down to 37 degrees this morning!

Geez Harry that's shorts weather up here! LOL   ::)

19and41

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

twocvbloke

Just a "wintery mix" here of damp snowflakes landing on ground not quite cold enough for settling, so it's a wet mess outside today...