News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Let it Snow...Let it Snow....Let it Snow ( and other weather events )

Started by Doug Rose, February 09, 2013, 08:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch Harlow

Quote from: compubit on March 09, 2019, 09:55:48 AM
Snow in the Washington, DC area yesterday. Didn't stick much, but definitely can foul up traffic...

Jim

One of several reasons I abandoned the DC area for Richmond. We get far less snow than you folks up there. Also, you must admit traffic is foiled up to begin with. Every time I head up there its smooth sailing until about Fredricksburg and then I start regretting my decision. The silver line of the Metro gives me decent rail options these days however.
Butch Harlow

HarrySmith

Apparently winter is over down here, going to be in the mid 80's here all week. Actually got down into the 40's last week for a couple of days. BRRR!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

dsk

They have told us it may be 40 cm  (16") of heavy snow during the day, about half of it has come so far. :-X

webcams from the Downhill Terrain Park across the wally:  https://goo.gl/WCc8Ai

(35 minutes by train (1 hr by bus) from Oslo)

dsk

Key2871

Harry, after seeing seventy for a long time or warmer, 40's  would be cold.. in New Hampshire, I would like to see 40s.
By now warm days we get to 40s.. can't wait for warmer 60s.
KEN

Nick in Manitou

The Sun is Shining! Three Days IN A ROW!

We have moved from Arizona to Sausalito, California (just north across the Golden Gate Bridge from San Francisco) for my wife's new job.  Since real estate and apartment rentals are crazy expensive here, we are now living on a boat.

Living on a boat when the sun is shinning is great, especially if it is warm...But even the long-time locals say they have never seen a winter as cold and wet as the one we have been having this year. We arrived on the boat on January 1, 2019 and have seen very few sunny, nice days until this weekend. It is just glorious! Sit out in the sunshine in a short-sleeved shirt weather!

It is supposed to start raining again tomorrow and rain most of the week, but now we have faith that people were telling the truth when they said that the weather here can be great!

Because we were moving onto a boat, we left most of what we own in a storage unit in Arizona, but we set aside several telephones to come to the boat with us. Unfortunately, several of the boxes that were marked to come with us ended up going to storage anyway. One of the phones I thought was coming to the boat was a Royal Canadian Navy AE40 - it just seemed appropriate to have that phone functioning on a boat! (It was in one of the boxes that got left behind in Arizona.)

I have attached a couple photos of the few phones we brought with us at a couple different locations on the boat's flybridge. My wife uses that area when the sun does shine as her "office". The previous owners of the boat installed a desktop area up there. The views are great!

Nick

19and41

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

19and41

Haven't seen anyone boasting about their surfeit of white stuff yet this year.  It is mighty soggy here and in the 50's F, this evening.  It's supposed to be fair and 64 Christmas day.  I could deal with some dry.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Key2871

My pine trees say it's going to be a mild winter. Last few years they were producing and dropping pine comes like there's no tomorrow. Same with oaks in the area, little to no acorn's. So far their right mild with minimal snow.
KEN

Babybearjs

"California Christmas"  here, No snow forecast for the Boise area....
John

twocvbloke

So far there's been occasional snow flurries here, nothing sticking though, today though is presently raining, and tomorrow's set to be clear all day, followed by more rain during the night, so basically typical british weather...  ;D

dsk

Here we have got 1.5 cm snow during night, on top of sme snow/ice from earlier. temp about melting point so time will show, totally dark so I ca not get any pictures at the moment.  Sunset 09:21, and 5 hours of day...

dsk
PS pictures added, much more cozy indoors. (we were in the woods yesterday, and found this tree  :)    )

(The phone in background is a danish D30. )
DS

Dan/Panther

"California Christmas"  here, No snow forecast for the Boise area....

"Boise Christmas", forecast for Southern California on Christmas Day..

Babybearjs, maybe you spoke too soon.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Key2871

Well two nights ago, checked the weather to see what's going on, and what's expected. It said, and I quote, 1-2" expected by morning with clearing...
Well I guess these guys fell asleep playing video games, I woke to 7" with the weather calling for 9 to 12 inches..
What happened to the two inch then clearing?
We had 9 inches then it started to rain ice, I mean it rained..
Well I know the old adage wait a minute it'll change.
Yup it did back to heavy snow for a few hours..
Yea, it's winter, but I'm used to watching the weather and they actually are pretty accurate.. Not anymore. They change the forecast every twenty minutes.. And still can't get close.
Argh. 
KEN